Crook lock

dotty

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I am going to look at investing in a steering lock, I am reading to many stories of thefts of cars and want a 'little' peace of mind when I park up the car on a night time. I know they are not 100% theft prrof but at least it's a bit of a deterrent! (sp)

What brands do you suggest? Do halfrauds sell any reputable ones? :D

Cheers,
Stu

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
Have a look at a comparison test that Auto Express did. You can look at an archive of all their tests on their website.

I had a look recently for wheel clamps and hitch locks for my trailer - very helpful.

LeeH

Advanced Member
The Disc Lock always comes out top Stu. They do a nice Silver one if you don't like the Yellow :idea:

I've been thinking the same as you tbh.

Greensprout

Advanced Member
Yeh I've got a Disklock, I paid £30 for it last week from my local police station, they subsidise them in the hope people will buy them to deter thieves.

Absolutely brilliant and rated the best lock on the market.

Call into your local police station and see if they have the offer on.

It was subsidised to £45 then a further £15 discount :lol:

I'm not sure if it's just West Yorkshire Police that are selling them though.

You could always get your local police to contact 'Holbeck, Leeds' and see if they can sort something out for you..

*It's the 'small' one that fits the standard DC5 steering wheel.

Greensprout

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Interesting :D

I am on a course in Yorkshire next week :D
Holbeck had one left (small) in stock. But on the poster it said that Morley also stock them.. Maybe give them a ring and ask them to save it.. Or I could go down and get it and save it for ya?

dotty

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
The Disc Lock always comes out top Stu. They do a nice Silver one if you don't like the Yellow :idea:

I've been thinking the same as you tbh.
If anything mate it is a deterrent to the thief :evil:

I am going to get one, I dont think a thief will want to mess about trying to get a disklok off on a driveway 8)

Greensprout

Advanced Member
dotty YHPM..

Just been to the Police station now, they have 3 left in stock for £30 each, once they're gone they're gone..

I asked and these are a West Yorkshire Police discount scheme only.

dotty

Advanced Member
Greensprout said:
dotty YHPM..

Just been to the Police station now, they have 3 left in stock for £30 each, once they're gone they're gone..

I asked and these are a West Yorkshire Police discount scheme only.
You're the man mate :xcheers:

See you next week :D

neil278

Was gonna say disclock aswell got 1 in my g/f EP3 and 1 in my scoob that will transfer into the DC5 when i get it :p

dotty

Advanced Member
Greensprout sorted me out, £30 for a Disklok is a great deal 8)

dotty

Advanced Member
neil278 said:
Was gonna say disclock aswell got 1 in my g/f EP3 and 1 in my scoob that will transfer into the DC5 when i get it :p
My missus has a 'bar' type steering lock in her EP3, Not that she ever uses it :evil:

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
surely if these people are breaking into your house to steal your keys, there gona steal the key for the disc lock as well?

impne

Advanced Member
I have a disc lock, a lot better than crook or bar lock.

I've known the crook or bar ones get taken off in seconds as all they do is hacksaw through the wheel, this was demonstrated on an Australian police theft programme a few years ago also.

Greensprout

Advanced Member
drivebymonkey said:
surely if these people are breaking into your house to steal your keys, there gona steal the key for the disc lock as well?
Yeh if they break into your house then yeh they would have the keys, but it's all time wasting for them which they don't have..

The real reason I bought mine is to deter scumbags on the streets thinking they have what it takes to beat my alarm/immobiliser etc..

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
Greensprout said:
drivebymonkey said:
Yeh if they break into your house then yeh they would have the keys, but it's all time wasting for them which they don't have..

The real reason I bought mine is to deter scumbags on the streets thinking they have what it takes to beat my alarm/immobiliser etc..
agreed i think they are very good for deterring your run-of-the-mill scumbag, but it cant take that long to get it off, having never owned one i dont know how complicated they are, im just assuming.