Crower, Comp or TODA Cams......

Mersey_typeR

Advanced Member
Your best bet is to have a read on ClubRSX mate, there are a lot of cam'd RSX's on there. You have to remember that most people don't go with cams unless they already have uprated the air intake, ecu, manifold and exhaust system, which isn't cheap.

IPS K2's seem popular as do Toda N2's (which I'm having fitted to my CTR early in the new year).

Toda have recently released A3 cams which give slightly better results than N2's, so should be about on terms with IPS K2's, perhaps slighty more power, but without the louder valvetrain.

Does anyone know why in the US they all fit titanium retainers, yet in the UK no one mentions it??? Even on kits like the N2 Engine kit they still use these??? Just wondering if it's worth important some for when I have mine fitted.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
If your prepared a wait a few more months...

There will be a load of new tuning options....

BTW, if you speak to the correct people Titanium retainers are available... they are on mine... whole valve train designed specifically for my current FI set-up.

Mike

Zero7

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
If your prepared a wait a few more months...

There will be a load of new tuning options....

BTW, if you speak to the correct people Titanium retainers are available... they are on mine... whole valve train designed specifically for my current FI set-up.

Mike
Mike,

do you have any firm dates as I was planning on doing my mods first week in Feb, have the coilovers, zorts, mainfold, brakes, induction kit to fit but I was also thinking about cams etc, I can wait until mid Feb but no later, any idea on timframes or is it still in pre-production phase?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Sorry, I've not got a time frame...

It will prob be later on, maybe 6 months.... These people wont launch anything until they have 100% confidence in the bits... 18 months of research / development work on K series stuff...

They are currently running various stages of tuned / built engines on 'engine dynos' trying to break them :shock:

Mike

nova

Advanced Member
So does anyone have info on Comp, Crower or even Skunk cams upgrades to their own engines????? Please???

rsx

which company is the one doing the r&d?skunk have nothing on the k20a yet.crower has cams but i dont know anything about them.toda and ips have released lots of stuff.hytech is gonna release a complete package soon,cams,pistons,rods,intake manifold,header,exhaust.they say it will be very reliable and close to 260 whp.do u anything else?

Trung

Advanced Member
rsx said:
skunk have nothing on the k20a yet.
Actually Skunk2 do have cams for K-series. It's been for a while now.
Do a search and you'll find some info on it :idea:

nova

Advanced Member
As above that's why i was asking here as i think any of the US based sites will have info only on cams that would bring the standard integra inline with the type R if you know what i mean?

Thanks anyway though Evs i'll check out that site, but do you think that what i said above will end up being the case??