Cup-Holder Light Thing

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
The light that sits above the cup holders in the centre console has blown and I really quite liked that red glow from under there.

But before I go about replacing it, can anyone tell me if it is a bulb or an LED? And if so where I can get one from?

Thanks,

Phil

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Yes it's OEM, maybe yours never worked Vtequila?

It's annoying as of all the little niggles, this one actually annoys me.

Anyone else have a clue if it's a bulb or LED? I imagine I'll have the console apart this weekend to find out, just wondered so I could get the bulb ready...?

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Never knew about this!

Would Honda not be able to fire up a diagram and you can get the bulb from that?

tico_87

Advanced Member
I just looked through the RSX manual that came with my car and it doesn't even mention that centre light, sorry.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Has anyone noticed the bulb gets insanely hot? Or is that just mine... haha

G Man

Advanced Member
What a difficult thing to take a photo of lol I held a piece of paper under the light so you can see it clearer. It does look good when driving at night.

Vtequila

Dutchy
Ok, i dont have that one, is it a red buld of white with red case ? Where should i be able to get one, my local autoparts store :) ?

G Man

Advanced Member
It will be a regular bulb and yes the case over the top is red. I'm not sure how it comes out though.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
It will be a regular bulb and yes the case over the top is red. I'm not sure how it comes out though.
Same here! The toggle nearest my side doesn't illuminate. LED is the way to go! Isn't the hazard button mounted below these toggles on the same bit of plastic as what surrounds the stereo? My hazard doesn't illuminate but it looks a solid button as opposed to back lit? Is this not the case? Should it illuminate? Any o you guys run a start button? Mine doesn illuminate there either. Some seem to and some don't. Does anybody's here?

G Man

Advanced Member
My hazard button doesn't illuminate but I'm not sure about the start button, I'll check tonight.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
I'm going to replace it this weekend, so will take some photos then.

If it's a fuse though, what else is linked up to it? Surely there must be other things that tie into it and don't light up either?