Currently detailing my Integra

Tommy D

I'm detailing my car at the moment so I thought i'd put up a thread ;)

I started with ;

a rinse
snowfoam
rinse
wash
rinse
snowfoam
clayed
washed
rinsed then dried

here's a pic before the snowfoam!

and applying the snowfoam!

and a pic after claying
once the car was dried I brought my dc5 inside to put under the halogen lights to show up the inperfections in the paint (these will be obvious in direct sunlight too)

and after choosing a suitable polish/compound this was the result

I didnt get too far around the car today but here's a shot of a polished/non polished area under the halogen,

and here's some pics under better light once both rear quarters were done

I'll be carrying on tomorrow around the car and I will add a glaze and some dodo juice wax to protect it over the next couple of months,

I did do the engine bay a few weeks ago but I'm fogot to take before and after photo's!

bling

Advanced Member
Very Nice mate! had my car detailed a few years ago and the difference was just unreal!
do you do private work?

Tommy D

bling said:
Very Nice mate! had my car detailed a few years ago and the difference was just unreal!
do you do private work?
yeah I do :) just getting a website together at the moment, it had been a hobby of mine for quite a while but i've got my own place to do it now :)

Suped

Advanced Member
What kind of cost are you looking at? Love to get mine done too mate. Essex aint too far. :lol: :lol:

Metalhead

Tommy D said:
snowfoam

and applying the snowfoam!

Kinda handy that you have a little plough on the front of your DC5 with all that snow!!! :wink:

Seriously though, some good work there!!!! 8)

JT3173

Advanced Member
Suped said:
What kind of cost are you looking at? Love to get mine done too mate. Essex aint too far. :lol: :lol:
Looks spot on!

Can you PM me too please! :D

Tommy D

Kinda handy that you have a little plough on the front of your DC5 with all that snow!!! :wink:

Seriously though, some good work there!!!! 8)
lol!

I went with a 6" sonax cutting pad on Merzena IP 3.02, took 2 passes to see results today :)

impne

Advanced Member
Can you also pm me with a price

I have the same colour car with the same swirls on the paint, I've already clayed but not done anything about the swirls as not sure how.

I'll be in Colchester at the end of the month so may be able to get this done if you have any space free :)

JDC5

Charged DC5
man!!! that looks nice!!! top job!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!! is that a top secret front bumper i see!!! crap, and here is me thinkin i had the only one in the UK, bummer! lol

btw... where abts in essex are you?

JD

Project

Advanced Member
I think that christmas has come early for you mate, you got enough work till then anyway, good job.

I noticed the top secret as well mate, at least its not white so you still have the only white one :D

Tommy D

I honestly didnt think there would be soo much interest! I guess it just means DC5 owners like to pamper their cars ;)

yeah it's a top secrect front, I love it! 8)

Ezza

Advanced Member
Tommy D it might be worth you putting up a price spec as i want a PM too :lol: 8)

Essex doesnt seem to far from kent :D