cursed insurance.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Renewal time again.

I'm currently with Elephant and v. Pee'd off with them altogether so I'm shopping around.

Spoke with a few places that were really off the Mark and sone who just weren't interested.

Spoke with "a broker" an got quoted £675 £130 deposit and £60 ish for 9 months (still 12 months cover but don't pay in last 2) Thought yeah its ok.

Just off phone from SKy as alot of guys swear by them there and there best was £175 ad £60 for 10 months after knowing my bet quote already.

So besides Bell who else is there guys that I can try for a competitive quote?

Cheers.

NeilH

i shopped around on the internet and was getting quotes or £1000....£1200.....£1400 etc etc.

i then tried my local high street brokers.

one broker in particular, who has the reputation for being extremely cheap quoted me happy.

for me only, 26 years old, 0 no claims bonus, 0 convictions, 0 accidents i got quoted £850...which was excellent.

...then i put my father on there with me, who is 63 and retired...

£450

i took her arm off at the shoulder.

thats comprehensive cover, 12 month policy.

my tip was weeping walking out of there after previously paying £1200 for a combo van.

brucey87

Advanced Member
Weird that sky couldnt beat your best quote they are usually on the ball. I tend to switch between adrian flux and sky over last 3 years as they are very competitive with prices and keep knocking each other down lol. nobody else can get near thier prices and have recently renewed with sky myself after all adrian flux could do was match my renewal.

Try performance direct or churchill they wasnt bad prices.

phozy888

Advanced Member
SKY..hhhmm not too happy with the renewal quotes they been giving... just going up every year.

2009 - £500
2010 - £550
2011 - £667 .........WTF more then £100 increase... really need to shop around.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Update.

Adrian flux. - £80 ish deposit £60 for 9 months. Pushy salesman bad attitude told mr my premium will Rose if I didn't buy there abd then.

Really so that's how insurance works hmmmmmm eh I think not buddy.

No ones even hitting the Mark I though low 500 was a reasonable ask but nope.

Just for thd record I'm 27 with 10 years no claims NEVER had a claim/ticket/speeding fine nothing absolutely clean licence. I'm also qualified to drive C/C+E vehicles and held a dangerous good licence (expired due to army wouldn't renew it) but even with all this still seeing high quotes (IMO).

A dc2 quote online fir me was £886 last night almost fell off my seat at that one (just curious wouldn't change thd 5)

RJY89

I was getting crazy quotes (22 and 6 points 0 NCB's) but found admiral to be the cheapest!

They quoted me 680 fully comp (1000 excess)....when added to my multi car policy, this included 15 percent discount as it was my 4th car.

A further 110 pounds if I fit coilovers and an induction kit.....

Ross