Cushion/ pillow/ padding thing for the seat belt harness

p1tse

Advanced Member
My wife keeps hitting her head on the black rubber on the recaro seats for harness holes

I'm sure I've seen some with some sort of padding, where can I find one?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Thanks

But was hoping for something cheap I might be able to get this week, as might be giving my old man a lift and he's not tall either so made me think he might have the same issue

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Capital seating do these and these padded harness inserts. They seem to do a good job of stopping my misses moaning about hitting her head on the harness holes. Ive got the red ones and they match the colour of the seats really well.

Jack

Chewy

Advanced Member
DC5Jack said:
Capital seating do these and these padded harness inserts. They seem to do a good job of stopping my misses moaning about hitting her head on the harness holes. Ive got the red ones and they match the colour of the seats really well.

Jack
I second this, Got one of these in black for my misses.

I had to fix it as the glue melted in the heat and it kept falling to bits, but super glue soon sorted that.

p1tse

Advanced Member
DC5Jack said:

Jack
Thanks
Any pictures?

I can't get the red. And black option to load up a picture

The black option only doesn't seem as well padded and more flush fitting

Chewy

Advanced Member
It's not so much flush fitting, it does over lap the harness holes... and yes it's far from a pillow, but it does give just enough protection for people not to get hurt when the right foot gets a tad heavy.

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
They're not that padded but it was more than enough to stop my girlfriend moaning. The top of the headrest aren't exactly soft anyway.

Jack

p1tse

Advanced Member
ordered a red one
more than i wanted to spend on a piece of covered foam item, but safety and comfort first for the family

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mickyc
Thanks but wanted for this weekend

Those ones seem very large and think elasticated so may not stretch round the headrest

Not the most exciting of things, but thanks for the input

Apparently capital seating order will be here tomorrow :)

p1tse

Advanced Member
Not the most interesting of things
But it came next day the harness pad inserts

It is what it is, but it's a relatively expensive piece of foam and material that they probably make on spare cuts.

Anyway for future reference

mark type r

Advanced Member
Mine arrived today

OMG what a piece of cr@p
Ive kicked off at the supplier, i honestly could do better than this.

p1tse

Advanced Member
You had better foam fittings, look at mine, in two pieces and the one isn't even sitting straight!

mickyc

Wow, thats poor workmanship. I might have a go myself when i have some time <Watch this space>

Chewy

Advanced Member
Those foam cube at the back are the things that fall off and come apart when they warm up in the car, the glue they use is excrement...

I would suggest ripping them off and then Superglue them back on to be safe, last thing you want is them to fall on your Recaro and get the glue on them.

It's relatively cheap, serves a purpose and it looks subtle once fitted so I can't complain too much.

mickyc

Was bored on a Night Shift and decided to get all the materials i needed for the making of this Cushion/ pillow/ padding thing for the Recaro Headrest hole's before going into work

Used whatever materials i had lying around in the house and Garage at the time

Materials Used:-
Think Plywood
Foam Sheets
Cable Tie
Cloth Tape
Old Headrest Covers
Cardboard
Old Velcro Armband
Mugan Stickers

And DA DA. I went for the Super Soft Thick Cushy type Hence the huge bulge, may have a go at making something a bit more thin and a bit descreet like the Capital Seating ones <Watch This Space>
20150707_074237.jpg