Custom B pipe / exhaust modification in Cheshire / Notts

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Hi all,

looking to get a silencer welded into my b pipe, but JP exahausts in macclesfield (great reputation) have quoted me £150 + VAT!

that seems OTT for me, i am confident i have seen people have custom b pipes fabricated from scratch from around this, i am only wanting a silencer put in.

and they quoted £250 + VAT for a custom b pipe!

im not happy with these prices when i can get a 3" system from solid fab at around £500, however i really dont have that money to spend at the moment, so would appreciated any recommendations for just getting a sliencer welded into the B pipe as is.

cheers

Rom

Advanced Member
I got quote today, for a larger silencer, with 2 flanges so it can bolt in and out of existing b pipe.
As well as 2 flanges on the existing silencer.
£130 all in. Not near you, but as an idea of price. Infinity Exhausts, I've used them before and they are good.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I got quote today, for a larger silencer, with 2 flanges so it can bolt in and out of existing b pipe.
£130 all in. Not near you, but as an idea of price. Infinity Exhausts, I've used them before and they are good.
see thats a lot of work for the money, and its removable which is pretty cool!

definitely gonna keep looking, refust to pay £180 just for a silencer added in

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Jason DC55 that used to post on here had a nice sounding custom exhaust built by a guy called Chris Bennington, he part owns a company called West Midlands American Vehicles. Have a look on his site, he's done exhausts for race, rally and road cars and Jason said his work is excellent.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Cheers for that mate. But I probably should of specified that I need it to be done locally, West Midlands is a bit out the way from Notts or Cheshire lol

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Mate of mine owns DynoDaze in Hinckley, is that local enough (if I ask him who he would go to?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Mate of mine owns DynoDaze in Hinckley, is that local enough (if I ask him who he would go to?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
cheers for the offer mate but hinckley is a good hour away

cheshire would be preferable as i work up there in the week so could leave the car there then head of to work

p1tse

Advanced Member
Rom said:
That's not a bad idea
As I'm thinking maybe a custom b pipe and wouldn't mind being able to interchange with and without a silencer if I'm reading and visualising this correctly

Rom

Advanced Member
Yeah mate, that's the idea.
Though mine won't be unsilenced, it's the same idea.
I like mine as is, and it's mapped to this setup. It's just too loud for track, and oem system raped the power.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Not that simple mate, I'm a contactor so no work = no pay...
Fair enough dude, was just thinking of some alternative places for you. As for Chris Bennington, if I ever change systems I will highly likely go to him as the work he did on Jason's car was spot on. Hope you manage to get it sorted!