Custom Built Installer in East Anglian Area? - Updated *Now Done (With Pics)

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I'm looking to get all the car audio I have fitted in my old Civic fitted to the Teg soon. I installed it in my Civic before but it was a really rubbish install so i'm looking for something more professional. Nothing too over the top but neat and tidy.

With that being said does anyone know of a good company that could take this sort of project on for a good price? I live in Suffolk but I don't mind travelling up to 90 minutes to get a good job. So anywhere in the Suffolk/Essex/Cambridgeshire area would be great.

I found one company in Essex called Car Audio Visual Install so i've contacted them for an idea of price and whether they can do it (considering it's all my own equipment). I'd like to get a few more quotes too though.

My install will consist of the following:

1 Kenwood head unit with flip out screen
1 Kenwood Music Keg Hard Drive in the boot
1 pair of Hifonics 6.5" component speakers in the front.
1 pair of Hifonics 5.25" coax speakers in the rear.
1 4 Channel Hifonics amp in the boot to drive those 4 speakers
1 10" Pioneer Subwoofer in the boot
1 Hifonics mono amp in the boot for the sub
1 pair of Audiobahn 6x9" speakers in the boot
1 2 channel Audiobahn amp for the 6x9s
2 capacitors hidden away in the boot

I'm expecting a heavy quote :unsure:

I'll post pics when it's done

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I'm not 100% on the 6x9s as yet, but I had them installed in my Civic and thought I might as well keep them. They're pretty bassy speakers and they compliment the sub quiet nicely.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if the 6x9's are in sealed enclosures then they can work well (assuming you disconnect the tweeter) if they are free air they can be affected by the sub, the air moved by the sub can hit the bottom of the driver, the force can move the cone of the 6x9 and if its not perfectly phased can end up cancelling its output.

they will also affect the soundstage as ideally you want the mid and top comming from front centre.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I had them fitted in sealed pods with the LPF set so it didn't deal with mid/treble. It took quiet a bit of playing with to get it to sound right.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
So I found a company to do my car a few months back and finally got the money together to get the install done on my car recently.

It isn't quiet finished yet but i'm very pleased with how it has come together.

I was after a neat professional install that wouldn't cost thousands of pounds to install. So not looking to win any competitions or anything.

If I had the money I probably would've gone the extra and got some fibreglass and lighting done to finish things off.

I used a company called Bloomz based in Harlow Essex. They were a really helpful group and really helped build something that looked professional but was within my budget.

They kept me up to date as they were putting it together and supplied plenty of pics so I could see how it was all coming together.

Here's some pics of the install. I just need to take it back to them to get the panels put back in because there wasn't time left to finish it.

The base that holds the amps and everything has hinges on the back to lift up.

The sub box was built to drop into the spare wheel. This allows me unscrew the sub box and lift it out if ever I need to get to the spare wheel.

The upholstry is in keeping with the original boot build so once the panels are put back it will all match.