Custom upholstered steering wheel

Lewis93

Advanced Member
So here is my new custom upholstered steering wheel I wanted to share with you guys.

My car has just passed 90k now so the steering wheel was obviously getting a bit knackered! A friend of mine who works for Bentley hand making their steering wheels reupholsters Type-R wheels in his spare time.

I asked him if he would do mine with a full carbon fibre top, perforated leather sides and a flush leather bottom with red stitching and this is the outcome.

First off, a second hand Type-R steering wheel.

Then the carbon fibre top piece goes on.

Close up.

After that there was three coats of resin put over the top.

And finally to finish off the carbon piece a clear coat was added and left to dry.

Done.

Carbon piece is protected while the new leather goes on. The same hide is used as Bentley so you can imagine the quality.

And pillar box red fabric.

And finally here are a few shots of the finished product fitted in the car.

A big improvement from my old worn OEM wheel! The whole thing feels fantastic and the leather is thicker to hold then the OEM wheel which I prefer. Now time for a starter button to finish off the interior.

S

stwteg

I'm getting this done shortly too after after seeing this- the sooner the better. Gorgeous.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Looks great, loving the carbon mate, mine was the same after retrimming it made it a bit chunkier but now months later its settled and gone back to normal thickness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tico_87

Advanced Member
How much would it cost to get the steering wheel re-upholstered with or without the carbon section?

Rom

Advanced Member
Lovely mate

Brophy has similar, but blue stitching.

I do like the oem wheels. Especially retrimmed

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Looks perfect, I was looking at something like this on ebay a few months ago.?? not so sure if it was the same guy, but definitely a similar design.

I would love to have this done to mine, would he be interested in doing more? Any contact numbers etc? or are there others people can recommend.

Stuarty

Advanced Member
Take my money now!!!

That is outstanding. Is your mate planning on doing a few of these to sell? I'd take one without a doubt.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
For those wanting one or to know the price send me a PM and I'm sure he would be happy for me to pass on his Facebook page for contact.

And yes he will do them with and without carbon, whatever colour stitching you want etc.

Humm

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Looks perfect, I was looking at something like this on ebay a few months ago.?? not so sure if it was the same guy, but definitely a similar design.

I would love to have this done to mine, would he be interested in doing more? Any contact numbers etc? or are there others people can recommend.
This is definatly the guy off ebay, i spoke to him several times and he liked to point out he done work for bentley. Cheap for what it is though!

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I've seen Brophys in person and it is really good quality!

I wonder where i could get this done?!