CW DC5 deep clean.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Evening all, quite new to the forum and I've just downloaded tapatalk so thought I'd make a post to try it out.

Anyway, I've recently bought a championship white dc5, but the paintwork was terrible, more cream than white and the doors and boot lid were covered in fall out and deposits. The car was also covered in tar so at the weekend I set about cleaning it.

Here's some pictures before

The products I used were:
MER high shine shampoo (2 bucket wash method)
The polishing booth fall out remover
G3 clay mitt
Meguiars ultimate compound
Poor boys White diamond glaze
Poor boys white diamond wax
Bmw hard products wax

Picture of the fall out working

The products I used

And finally, some photos when I had finished

Paintwork is now much better but it's still not how I want it, when the weather gets better, I'll have another go at minting it.

Hope you enjoy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam.

Advanced Member
I really need to spend some time on mine, polishing and deep cleaning is just so time consuming!

Looks great.

Chris_Glanzav98

Advanced Member
it is that mate ^ mines is haveing some work done once its back im breaking out the machine polisher again been a while !

Lufoli

Hiya chap car looks great, are those rota slipstreams? Do you have anymore pics I'm considering some and they look ace on yours!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Think they are Slipstreams, look great on CW DC5's.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Darren4

Advanced Member
Love seeing clean dc5's but better yet owners that want to maintain them. Keep up the great work buddy, looks ace :)

Kenz

Advanced Member
Sorry for the late reply, appreciate the comments though. The car is so much nicer to look at now, before I did it, the paintwork was horribly flat.

Chris, the clay mitt was extremely easy to use, I read some reviews before buying it and a lot of people rated it and at £12 I thought it was worth a pop. I broke it in on the windows and then moved on to the paintwork. You can actually feel it picking up the grit and contaminants and you can feel the paintwork getting smoother as you go along. Paintwork was really smooth and silky when I had finished.
Lufoli they are indeed mate, I think they look great on the car and are a good choice. I don't have a proper close up picture of them side on but will get one soon for you .

Kenz

Advanced Member
Another update, decided to tackle the headlights today.

Borrowed my mates buffer, used a hard pad first then a finishing pad. Used meguiars ultimate compound.

Before,

After,

Also treated the rear arches with Bilt hamber dynax Uc to add a bit more protection. Hoping to get it under sealed again in a few months.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Another update to the previous post.

So we had some good weather this weekend, so myself and a good friend of mine decided to have another go at the paintwork on my teg.

So we started off with a snowfoam, this was the first time either of use had used it, so the mixture and thickness could probably do with abit of improvement but it went on and came off easily enough! We used a karcher washer and an autobrite lance and snowfoam.

After the snow foam was rinsed. We then washed the car, 2 bucket method, with meguiars nxt generation shampoo. Cleaning a car is so much easier when 2 of you are tackling it.

This was after a shampoo.

The car was then de tar'd and then clayed, then rinsed again.

The machine polisher was then used on the bonnet, spoiler, roof and both sides of the vehicle.

Ignore the black dot on some of the pictures please, it's something on my phone camera that I can't remove.

My friend used the da with meguiars ultimate compound. After he had finished, I followed him using meguiars ultimate polish (nightmare to remove). Applying then buffing one panel at a time.

The rear quarter stickers were also removed before machine polishing, I have new ones to replace them but for the time being I'm going to leave them off.

A layer of poor boys white diamond glaze was then applied (very easy to apply and remove, and it smells great!). Then a layer of poor boys white diamond wax was applied.

And here's the final product, hope you enjoy, there's a fair few pictures here .

Kenz

Advanced Member
I also forgot to add, we used autoglym glass polish, followed by gard X glass sealant, and finally meguiars tyre endurance gel.

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
I also forgot to add, we used autoglym glass polish, followed by gard X glass sealant, and finally meguiars tyre endurance gel.

I like that tyre gel too way btr the autoglym one