CW to White white

dave c

400hp K20
a quick question really, as much as i love the colour of my DC5 (the old fav champ white) is it wrong to want to change it to a "proper" white???

Like the white from BMW's or Merc's or even audi's or volvo's. their whites are so much whiter lol.

I'm torn, i want to do it but im not sure if i can justify the £1500 or what ever a decent respray would be to have essentially the same colour...

Anyone got any thoughts

Ta

Frazdog

Advanced Member
IMHO i would not spend the money to spray it 'white white'! Although!!!!!
I have seen pics of a yellow DC5 and it looked good? may be an idea!!??

JT3173

Advanced Member
Yeh, I have a thought!

If your going to re spray from CW to pure white, what about a nice shade of yellow?

With red seats and dark wheels it would look 8) IMO.

Just a thought :wink:

dave c

400hp K20
i know what your saying but tbh if i want a completely different colour i might as well sell mine and buy a different one, i really like the red ones but i like my car as it has nice clutch race lsd low miles and its my little baby lol. but white white, i could be tempted its just... is it worth it? probs not but i am keen to do it

JT3173

Advanced Member
dave c said:
i know what your saying but tbh if i want a completely different colour i might as well sell mine and buy a different one, i really like the red ones but i like my car as it has nice clutch race lsd low miles and its my little baby lol. but white white, i could be tempted its just... is it worth it? probs not but i am keen to do it
I think you just answered your own post with that last line in bold :lol:

I would stick to CW an personalise the car in a different way, carbon............... :wink:

Or some more power mods, they are always good!!!!! 8)

premadonna555

Advanced Member
I'm glad someone else has had this thought!

I parked next to an arctic white scooby and realised how 'dirty' my magnolia dc5 looked.

However i decided that it might be hard to sell a white teg, that wasn't an oem white. Not many people are going to believe that you're not trying to cover something up.

logik

Advanced Member
I don't know, i am 50/50 on this idea. Would like to see one done before i made any choices. It would look unique but a shade of yellow would look nice imo.

Greensprout

Advanced Member
You might put people off when you come to sell it..

I'd be thinking it'd had a respray to hide something :?

logik

Advanced Member
Greensprout said:
You might put people off when you come to sell it..

I'd be thinking it'd had a respray to hide something :?
Thats actually a valid point. But i suppose you could have receipts etc from the spray garage and offer to have the car FULLY checked before sale to prove it was done as a mod so to speak.

yunster

Advanced Member
Do it Dave,

Your car will look awesome and stand out.

It can look different from this crowd. :p

conoroneill

Advanced Member
For the nit pickers among us - if you spray the car using a straight 900 tinter with no yellow or black in the mix then it can't actually be considered white due to the absence of pixelation.

What makes a colour white is the characteristic added by other tinters.

:)

Livvy

Advanced Member
Its ok to paint it, but what about when it coms to selling? People will want to know why and think its been in a smack.

dave c

400hp K20
all valid points about resale but i think it would look really nice. well its not gonna happen atm maybe bonus time of the year :D

terminator x

Keep it as is ...

I've got a white Subaru & a CW DC5 :wink: The difference is quite noticeable when the two are parked together. I'll get a pic up so you can see.

TX.