D2 coil overs on ebay

neil_integra

Advanced Member
Are the cheap D2 coilovers on ebay any good or are they just a cheap copy of tein or eibach?
Any info would be a help.

celox performance

Advanced Member
From memory they're a copy of Cusco but someone else on this forum may be able to clarify this.

They're very good quality, especially for the price and I have them on mine :D . Excellent for track days although driving on the road suffers slightly and on road they're not as good as the Tein, although the Teins are around £1100-£1200 with the top mounts.

Will it be used on a road, track, road/track car?

LeeH

Advanced Member
I was close to buying a set but they are just so hard by all accounts.

If I'm wrong I'm having a set too.

Anybody clarify?

celox performance

Advanced Member
Yes they're hard for use on the road even on the softest setting. The diff seems to scrabble for grip more than the standard set up and in the wet it's quite bad.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replys, If they are that hard i will give them a miss. I wont be on the track that much to warrant spending the money and dont want to wreck the road usability.

JDC5

Charged DC5
I was looking at these a long time ago

the d2 are very stiff as adam said.. so i turned to tein. i found that nengun has the best price for the superstreet with top mounts. £700ish.

But as i'm not doin any track days.. i decide to get eibach springs from tgm, and get them set up.. from what i read.. these is a good mod, plus no bad review.

JD

AdrianK

Advanced Member
I dont find them overly stiff, most people seem to find my ride quality similarish to OEM and i have the damping set right up at about 2/3 hard...

I would say dry weather grip etc.. is fantastic even on road and bad surfaces, but in the wet there is a definate scrabbling for grip and slight tail happyness that i am expecting the std car doesnt have.

Overall if you want the ride height adjustment and damping options there a great choice for the money.

Bear in mind my car is my daily driver, and i use it quite a bit, it gets used in all conditions!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
After being in other cars as passenger, eg a Golf TDI, Vectra CDTI, there isn't that much difference over the bumps now that they have fully settled in. Sure I can feel more, but I've been in stiffer cars (mates x reg scoob with stock suspension).

Frank

Advanced Member
AdrianK said:
I dont find them overly stiff, most people seem to find my ride quality similarish to OEM and i have the damping set right up at about 2/3 hard...

I would say dry weather grip etc.. is fantastic even on road and bad surfaces, but in the wet there is a definate scrabbling for grip and slight tail happyness that i am expecting the std car doesnt have.

Overall if you want the ride height adjustment and damping options there a great choice for the money.

Bear in mind my car is my daily driver, and i use it quite a bit, it gets used in all conditions!
My Teg is very tail happy on the standard suspension lol