D2 Coilover spring diameter

SiR1097

Guys, tried searching for this but got nothing. Does anyone know the internal diameter and height of D2 coilovers for our cars? I have a set of the street ones on my car currently, and wanted to replace the springs with some Swift springs, but I'm not sure of the size to buy. Would rather not take them off the car to measure, so I'm asking here. Also would any other coilover spring for our car be the same diameter and height?

Much thanks!

MeisterR

Most suspension uses a 62mm ID springs, sometime a 63mm ID springs.
Since the smallest ID springs Swift makes is 65mm, it will have to do.

It will be a little loose, and I am not sure if it will cause any problem.
I hear plenty of people using them, so I am going to have guess that it is okay.

We normally use Eibach ERS 2.5" ID springs, which is 63.5mm
Hope that helps.

Jerrick

SiR1097

MeisterR said:
Most suspension uses a 62mm ID springs, sometime a 63mm ID springs.
Since the smallest ID springs Swift makes is 65mm, it will have to do.

It will be a little loose, and I am not sure if it will cause any problem.
I hear plenty of people using them, so I am going to have guess that it is okay.

We normally use Eibach ERS 2.5" ID springs, which is 63.5mm
Hope that helps.
Jerrick
Thanks man that helps a lot. Where I'm from we don't have a lot of options so I'll have to import, but now I know what to look for. Much thanks.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Swift springs definitely don't fit :(

Area motorsport are building some coilovers for me and they were going to use swift springs, but changed to Eibach as the swift spring only come in 65mm as mentioned above.

SiR1097

Aww crap ok thanks for the update. I'm googling but not finding the Eibach in 63.5mm. I'll have to get them out of the US as it's easier to ship from there.