D2 sweet spot

macer

Advanced Member
Has anyone found there sweet spot with a D2 suspension setup? I have had my D2's on the track twice now and I’m still not sure what settings I should use.

fonz600

Advanced Member
Ask Celox Performance.

He has the same setup and I PM'd him about it. He gave me some settings but it was more for road. Good info from him though.

He has spent quite a bit of time setting it up for track too.

celox performance

Advanced Member
macer said:
Has anyone found there sweet spot with a D2 suspension setup? I have had my D2's on the track twice now and I’m still not sure what settings I should use.
My track settings are as follows, although to get more than 2 degrees of negative camber will need some front/rear camber bolts and to either buy or shorten the front track rod ends.

55mm lowered front
60mm lowered rear
Camber 3.5 negative front/rear
Toe 1.5mm per side toe out front/rear

Depending on what type of track it is then here are the shock settings:

Very tight/handling/low speed track:
2/36 front
28/36 rear

Fast track:
18/36 front
3/36 rear

I'd also advise dropping your tyre pressures. I always have the rear pressure a lot higher than the front eg. 24psi front and 3-psi rear. If it's raining then i'd advise to keep the same pressure all round.

macer

Advanced Member
Thanks for good info. xthumbup

I also use the car on the road and have the Camber set at ¼ front 2 back.
Had the car at 60mm but I had to higher it slightly as I was destroying the mid section.
The main issue is I just don’t know what setting to have the shocks at.
Mondello would be a tight track but could tell me why you set the shocks to
2/36 front
28/36 rear, would that not make two different extremes?.
I keep the psi at about 30 as it’s only about 15mins per session but I think I will take them down a bit.

celox performance

Advanced Member
You need more camber than you have on the front for track use and you would need the front lowering 5-10mm lower than the rear if you haven't already.

I've spent a lot of time and money, literally thosands in getting the suspension set up exactly how I like it and I really don't know why there's so much difference in the suspension settings for different tracks but it works :D