Dab Headunit

corbie

Advanced Member
Since my new DC5 doesn't have a head unit I was thinking of buying a DAB one, Anybody got any recommendations I would like one that plays MP3's too.

mikegsi

Staff member
if your gonna be waiting thill march time id prob do a good bit of research, could try pm'ing dalco on the ctr forum, he looked after me with my choice!

kingston

Advanced Member
Arent the new models released around spring time also...

Either save money and buy 'last years' stock or get the 'up-to-date' gear then

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Just beware that with DAB you'll need an outboard antenna - might break the clean lines of the car...

corbie

Advanced Member
Yeah I was looking at using a internal DAB aerial that you stick to the windscreen or rear window as I don't want to spoil the lines

Was sepaking Dalco and will be purchasing something when the new models come out.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Yes a few, Blaupunkt have had them for years, most manufs prefer to do an add on box instead of building it in.

mikegsi

Staff member
somereckon the quality isnt quite as good on digital radio, due to there being that many stations crammed in

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Yep there's DAB boxes from Pioneer and others, but, as it does with digital TV (Sky, Cable and Terrestrial) the quality depends upon how much bandwidth the transmitting channel has bought. Often the end user results can be such that quality seems inferior to FM - no fault of the equipment but all down to stingy radio channel bosses. That's why the uptake is very slow.

Most people now prefer to connect their 60Gb ipod to their car for hours of advert free listening - with the right hardware this can give very good results - much better than DAB.

Suped

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
Most people now prefer to connect their 60Gb ipod to their car for hours of advert free listening - with the right hardware this can give very good results - much better than DAB.
here here!

mikegsi

Staff member
i connected my 4g nano to my pioneer head unit, can you get digital radio through that?