damaged dc5 helpage please!!!!

chrisk1700

seen a dc5 i fancy, it was damaged in japan an brought here then repaired, it has no log book and is un registered in the uk, no sva has been carried out and only needs an alarm fitting for the sva.

is it possible for the car to be registered in the uk?

chris

raz786

Advanced Member
It has to be SVA'd as far as I know, best bet is to contact Andy at 200BHP cars and ask him.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
My Understanding, is that if it has not got the de-regristration cert / log book from Japan, then it can't be SVA'd / Registed to be used on the roads in the UK.

I'd stay clear if it was me!

Mike

chrisk1700

i did think the same as well, im unsure suppose homework would have to be done on it, im unsure how you go about registering it, but like you say if its finished then why not get the checks and registering done?

peculiar but i suppose if its cheap enough it would make a good track car?

chris

celox performance

Advanced Member
TommyDC5 said:
Ive seen that same one on Ebay!
It looks very dodgy!
Why would someone do all the hard work of importing it and fixing it etc and not 100% complete it and make more profit?
Its got 12k miles on it too. Just beware.
And if i was going to pay £8k plus I wouldnt want a car that had been crashed. Save a little more and get one from this forum.
That's exactly what I was thinking too :!:

chrisk1700

''the work was done to high standard on a car o liner jig didnt need much pulling, the only problem is the inside the engine bay area when the car got painted the guy never painted in there, i would recommend for this to be done, secondly the electric issue, basically we removed the engine when we jigged it so it does not get damaged as this was often the case when cars are jigged with engine in the engine gets pulled along with car and damaged, when we refitted it these issues happened and im not electrician and dont have the money to spend, ''

an email i just recieved off the owner, for 1 i work for bmw as a panel beater and i am trained on the car-o-liner jig, engines do not get damaged when vehicles are pulled, and also if it has been pulled the chassis has been bent severly, especially if he removed the engine. removing engines when a car is to be jigged is only so you can access a bent area of chassis leg, and they are very strong so this must of had a fair wack to require that much work.

il be leaving this one, and would advise the rest of you do to. it may be a bargain track car but would want it as anything else.

chris

Gaz_Ek4

Advanced Member
:xlol: Who is he trying to fool saying the engine gets damaged when pulling the car, he must have some imagination.

I wouldnt touch it. I imported my DC5 myself and put it through ESVA, if you dont have the original de-registartion document for the car to apply for ESVA then you have no hope of driving it on UK roads. You need to have both an English copy and a Japanese copy of the de-registration document, without these the car is worthless. This is probably the reason it is being sold on with no ESVA as he has done the work himself and tried to SVA but doesnt have the documents to do so.

You can tell from that message above that the seller is talking a load of balls.

raz786

Advanced Member
TommyDC5 said:
Ive seen that same one on Ebay!
It looks very dodgy!
Why would someone do all the hard work of importing it and fixing it etc and not 100% complete it and make more profit?
Its got 12k miles on it too. Just beware.
And if i was going to pay £8k plus I wouldnt want a car that had been crashed. Save a little more and get one from this forum.
If its 8k plus I would steer well clear anyway. Sounds dodgy from what everyones' saying, if it was 4k then maybe worthwhile to strip!

chrisk1700

i eamiled him about the de-registration documents and no reply as of yet, i sent it 3 hours ago

rumbled??????????????????

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Give this a wide berth mate - there are plenty on sale on this site, and most if not all will have been cared for by true enthusiast owners. Just my two bobs worth.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
there was a guy on here a while ago looking for all manner of panels and front end parts and had a starting issue, then was asking for log book info, de-reg info, it wouldn't suprise me if it was the same fella

it is well hookey