Damper/shock repair places?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hello

In the worse case scenario and my car does need a damper repairing, does anyone know of anywhere in the UK; preferably the North West area or Midlands that can do this at all please?

Many thanks

Marc

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I'm so confident those shocks are good, that if they are found at fault, drive down to me, I'll give you the ones from my car and swap them over while you are here :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
I'm so confident those shocks are good, that if they are found at fault, drive down to me, I'll give you the ones from my car and swap them over while you are here :)

Cheers John.

I've just taken my dad out in it and let him have a drive, he's a trained mechanic although he doesn't practice anymore.

He can't find much wrong with it lol. He does think the rear right is sticking out a bit but I disagree, the camber on the rear is pretty much equal on both sides.

He says what you and Carl have said and that is to try switching the wheels around. Failing that he says possibly a ball joint or track rod end has gone maybe?

Either way it's definitely pulling to the right. What's weird is we both caned it and it stayed reasonably level and straight at high speed and under acceleration, it's at low speed it's drifting. I'll see how I get on this week John at the garage.

If it transpires it is the dampers then I may have to make a trip to yours lol

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Could be a simple rear caliper sticking.

The issue with it happening since the shocks have been changed is the odd part. The problem with not having a printout before it was aligned by stevie is you dont really know if the OEM kit was masking something, or possible that the previous alignment was done to get around an issue.

How did tyres wear before you changed them?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
It could well be, I'm starting to think it may be something else you know bud and not the dampers. The old man doesn't believe it is the dampers but until someone has taken a look it's difficult to tell. Like you said, it's possible that the OEM setup was masking something prior to the switch to the Mugens.

Tyre wear was ok really, the RE070's I got rid of still had some tread but a few were wearing in the inside from what I recall, I had used them on track mind and they didn't fare well but the new AD08R's have only been on the car a few weeks really, well the rears have anyway. The front have been on a tad longer.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Why I don't understand why people have been suggesting changing dampners/coilovers on a couple of threads. Would try all small components before throwing in other components to suspect.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I will be bud, I've a feeling it's something else. Ball joints possibly.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk