Dastek and hondata

Cardiff r33

Advanced Member
Trying to plan my mods, doing this so i go about things the right way and dont waste any money. I have a cat back exhaust and plan on getting a gruppem. Then i was thinking about ecus etc

From what i have read and from speaking to tdi via email i am right in thinking they do a flash for about £500, if so whats the difference between this and the full ecu and map?? Also there is a local mapper with a dyno that is into hondas that does dastek chips for about £450 mapped, plus then if i get manifold etc he will re map on the dyno for £70 an hour so at least its not big costs to re map as i progress down the modding route.

I am thinking for now of just gruppem then dastek then when i have full exhaust getting it remapped. Although part of me is saying just gruppem and leave it as i dont want to loose any reliability etc but then i am sure a remap wont cause any problems

thoughts people??

mikegsi

Staff member
Don't really know much about the dastek route personally, when I looked into it over 4yrs ago everyone recommended and the general consensus was that k-pro was the more tunable, k-100 can't be re-mapped every time you change mods and requires a full map doing making k-pro cheaper in the long run if you plan to change or add to mods

Cardiff r33

Advanced Member
so the k100 is just a chip almost and kpro is re programmable, i am thinking surely the chip/map is only as good as the person doing it. So if a good mapper does a map on a dastek surely it would still be good if not as good as a kpro?

neilaston87

Advanced Member
Dastek and vtec dont mix very well IIRC

Everyone always recomends Kpro.

Iv had Kpro and it is the daddy.