data display

Duncs

rather than fit gauges for oil and water temperature anybody know of
an electronic box which can gather this data then display it in a din size
box.
oil temps seem to a bit of a thing at present, but if it was a real concern
wouldn't the honda chaps fit one as standard?

Duncs

yep, thats the sort of thing, i was hoping for something to fit inside the din pocket, the defi unit looks a little to wide, but thanks for the info, nice looking bit of kit, and would do all required

T666YPR

Not cheap.
Taka Kaira say 55000Yen (£274) Plus credit card charge + delivery to go on top ( be around £25 ) These guys are very reliable.

USA are cheap at the mo,but all the places Ive tried recently over there,don't reply to e:mails,so I don't trust 'em.

Pretty sure there are other din displays knocking around too,not just gauges.

DP.

Advanced Member
and how much are the ones that sit on top of dash?

(sorry... i dont know many good sites for these kind of things)

truffs

Mine would have cost approx £380 :shock: (turbo,water,oil) from Greddy

Duncs. When i bought the car i wasnt very happy with the guages where they were and looked into moving them. One of the suggestions was in the glovebox. It looked very smart and when tracking could be left open with a special switch. The other idea was where the spare slot was for the radio and when not in use a pull down flap would cover them. These would be hand made to order and cost would be negotiable depending on what materials you would want. i.e P Diddy would want silver/diamonds for his 'Bling' and Jonster would want carbon fibre for the lightness :D If you are interested ive got the guys number. Give me a PM if you want it or tell me to b*gger off on the forum 8)

T666YPR

Gauges or displays?

Shi++y name but this is smart:

HKS "CAMP" ooooOOOOH (can't find fag smily on here)

Just over £300 (with all the sensors inc ) +ccc +del

truffs

Duncs, stuff the gauges by that. That is so cool. where do you find all of this stuff Simon :shock:

T666YPR

I've been shopping 8)

I look for stuff on Jap sites,then read about them on the US sites :lol:

www.takakaira.com are wicked,though some extras don't get listed on there site so you have to e:mail them.

T666YPR

Oh here's what the fish function is all about:

"Fish Function

The fish function provides the opportunity to enjoy your driving experience in an entertaining way. Your driving technique, such as speed and gas mileage, changes the environment of the fish pond and affects the health of the tropical fish."

Nutters :lol:

truffs

Ahhh. Learnt the other day how to use 'translate' when looking for my parts on Jap websites all very clever this lark. One day i might even be able to post a photo.

Duncs. Meant 'buy' not 'by' sorry, you wouldn't believe that i got an 'A' in Enlish would you :!:

Trung

Advanced Member
Franz and I are both using Defi oil temp and pressure gauges 8)
You can see mine fitted in the Club Defi gallery: http://www.defi-shop.com/user/user_top.html (scroll down to Feb 16th)
I got mine from Ebay. Do a search and you'll find some sellers on there.

I looked at other gauges and display units before deciding on the Defi but it seems more convenient to go for the Defi, well for me anyway.
That HKS Camp device you'll need a TV HU and buy extra sensors to display oil temp, press and other readings. Same applies to the Defi-Link display.
Defi gauges will come supplied with all sensors required.

If you want slightly less 'blinging' gauges and displays which cost less than Defi then look no further than SPA Design.

Duncs

many thanks for such a prompt and diverse response, the HKS 'camp' is very close to what i had fitted in my GTiR the Greddy 'e' Manage, which was great, even had a real time boost graph which used to scroll along the display. the defi gauge pod looks like what i want right sort of size etc, but really fancy a digi display, i will keep searching, don't Apexi do something?
i used to use my oil temp gauge a lot in the Gtir, and drove the car accordingly, continuous high speed running was always the limiting factor, short sprint stuff never a problem.
Dan, your command of the english language is just fine, we all know what you mean,
will pm today

HASNIC

There is the Blitz R-Vit

R-VIT

The R-VIT is an ultra modern tool that can display much needed information about the vehicles vital running data in real time. Warning limits can be set that flash when you have exceeded a pre-set limit, thus reducing the chances of expensive engine damage.

The R-VIT connects to Japanese vehicles with an OBD II diagnostic port. These are mostly post 1996 vehicles. The R-VIT can display all the data from the vehicles ECU and its sensors on the inbuilt LCD screen.

The R-VIT can read and display real time engine readings such as speed, tachometer, water temp, voltage, injector pulse, intake air temperature, air flow, inlet manifold temperature, oxygen reading, throttle position and many more. The data shown on the R-VIT is dependent upon the data read by the vehicles ECU and varies in different vehicles.

The R-VIT can be linked via an infra red portal to the SBC iD Boost Controller. Information gained from the R-VIT can be used to help control and optimise the vehicle boost parameters through the SBC iD Boost Controller.

Evs

Advanced Member
Sounds impressive, but it looks a bit big for the dash? :wink: :lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
Try here ? :idea:

TK seem to list a lot of similar stuff but not this particular item - might be worth an e-mail?

Duncs

i had a look at these but the connection method loooks a little vague, does it go to special box then to the ECU or directly, plus i dont't think our standard ecu will provide oil temp, or intake temps etc, willing to be told othwerwise :?