dc mani vs toda mani

dylski

Theres probably already been a thread like this but ive been searching and cant realy find what im looking for..

id just like to know the ball park differences in power and torque between dc/tegiwa etc and toda/buddyclub etc..

and if theres a difference in build quality, because the latta definatly look beeter!!!

thanks in advance for any input and im sorry if this is a repeat post!

Real R

Here is my two cents based off research i did.

Toda would be the best hands down however its not that far of a difference with hp maybe a couple more.

I say go with what you can afford. I picked buddyclub RH for two reasons, 1) got it brand new for $500 USD, 2) I prefer the put together design that the header has. compared to a one piece design (toda/tegiwa).

I also got a slightly used BC prospec cat back for $390 USD so i have a full system for under $1000

skunk2_dc5

Advanced Member
Toda all the way mate! had a buddyclub before i went to toda and the feel in the difference was immense! so immense it was like the buddyclub mani was a standard one!

Stoo

Whining.....
Comparisons show the toda to make very good gains all round.

The Buddy club makes ever so slightly more right up the top end though.

The dc is a good choice. Cheaper, well built and pulls good figures too.

The toda has a flexi, however, which is a weak point and often fails.

I've had both toda and buddyclub.

Go for what you can afford. A couple of hp/lbft isn't noticeable.

dylski

Ye i was told i wouldnt realy notice the hp difference on the road..cheers lads

'real r' , where did you get these items from for that cheap!? thats rediculous!

Real R

Ye i was told i wouldnt realy notice the hp difference on the road..cheers lads

'real r' , where did you get these items from for that cheap!? thats rediculous!
I got both of those from clubrsx. the headers was brand new (from a private seller) but the cat back was used for about 3000 miles. Honestly i would recommend buying good used parts if you want to save some dough

firthy22

Advanced Member
Tegiwa header is a Toda copy and will give almost the same gains. I have a Tegiwa gen 1 header, got some great figures with it and had no problems with flexi or welds. Tegiwa Gen 2 header is much better quality and less than half the price of a genuine Toda, I wouldn't hesitate to get one if I was in the market for a new header.

paul hughes

Buddyclub or Toda are the best two headers without a doubt , In tests they produce exactly the same BHP and Torque give or take the ambient temp etc., the build quality of the BC is better and the sliding interlocking primary tubes is a better idea than flexi joint Toda that can cause problems, thats about it, next is price, just go with the cheepest...BC are £560 in the UK less forum discount.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Im interested in getting the Tegiwa manifold, can anyone tell me what are the implications of this as apparently this removes the cat? Is it just a case of passing emmisions tests? How is this effected by the new MOT laws?

paul hughes

My Tegiwa one was starting to show cracks around the welds, wasn't impressed either. :roll:

Whorehouse manager @ buddyclub :)

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Lol, get a life you chode. You never had a Tegiwa, and I did actually have a buddyclub manifold that I sold so stop trolling. Two-piece manifolds FTL.

sydney

Advanced Member
I had a dc sports and changed to toda, made 7hp more duno proven without a remap on my kpro. I had nitrous aswell and the toda increased the power something ridiculous like 25hp when nitrous was on. Keep an eye on ctro, few on there for sale!

Vindots

Advanced Member
Toda are the torque master compared to buddyclub. buddyclub may produce 1-2bhp at top, as compared from my mate's dc5 with buddyclub and j's racing catback. i dont care! I still love my toda!! As it produce an awesome powerband. And my mate verbalised as well that the pull of toda is better than buddyclub,

but then he's a happy chappy with his buddyclub though, because the paper indicates that it has a higher top end than toda lol

But in reality of racing we dont really stay on topend anyway, we usually shift just after we hit our max power..