DC Sports Manifold - Ive started moding again

Jayk

Advanced Member
:lol:

All, pick up my teg on sunday. Its stock. So whilst im away on my honeymoon from 21st may to 9th june my car is with my uncle to have the mods done.

Now ive had toda manifolds on my last 2 DC5's and i love them for how they change the cars performance. However im getting married and its not cheap, so i cant be spending money willy nilly, (i shouldnt even be buying a DC5!!) lol.

So what do we think of the DC Sports Manifold, a new one is the same cost as second hand Toda. Would i be dissapointed with the DC?

Any help much appreciated!

Cars going in for

ES Mounts,
Manifold
B-pipe
K&N drop in
Eibachs or Teins
DVD sat nav, speakers, sub amp etc etc :) lol.

Here we go again!! :)

Nice to be back!

jonster

Advanced Member
How many Tegs have you had now?

You have to factor-in an RBC manifold on your mod list. Just had one fitted to my already extensively modified Teg and it makes a big difference (and I've not even adjusted the map yet). Cheap as chips too (as far as Teg mods go).

Probably worth finding some sort of ram-air adapter for your stock + K&N intake to make the most of it (eg 5Zigen or equiv.).

You just know you'll be adding a KPro sooner or later too :)

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Hey Jay,

Didn't take you long did it :lol:

You might be better off getting a Buddy Club Header as they seem to get very similar gains to the Toda. Bazza does them for about £500 ish on his site.

Will

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Congrats on the car and marriage mate :D

I'm very happy with the DCSports manifold and I'd be surprised if you wasn't too.

I'd highly recommend a Kpro if you're using an induction and manifold

Jayk

Advanced Member
Alright boys!

Jonster, its my 3rd. Really wish i never sold my 1st one, the silver one at Colerne!

RBC, ive been reading about but if that was installed would it need mapping asap? I really cant be slapping out on a KPRO yet. Maybe for xmas, lol. And i really do not want aftermarket induction, just gets too noisey for me. So would it be worth it with the OEM Airbox?

Buddyclub, £500, Will i think Webbie had that and it made good gains. Cheers.

Cheers Nick :), it next weekend, lol starting to crap it! Just looking forward to flying out, splashed out 6k on the HM, could have S/C the Teg :(

What power are you getting from your set up? Im trying to keep the car quite hence keeping the OEM backbox, and OEM airbox, but using a manifold and b-pipe. Just like i did on the Silver one.

My Blue one had Toda Header/Toda Mani/Gruppe M/Kpro. and from a point to point test rolling start it hit 130mph. The silver one i had, had Toda Header, Spoon B-pipe, Drop-in filter and that hit 125mph. So 5mph difference isnt too bad.

All engines are different though, so i could end up with a quicker one or slower one. Just cant wait to be back in one.

Do we know which springs lower the most? I had the eibachs and they felt better than the teins, but i think the teins dropped lower.

Ta fella's.

Jay

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Changing the induction and manifold you will risk running lean. You could always get it checked before deciding if you NEED a Kpro

I'm getting 240bhp from my setup but you would need a KPro to get that. My car isn't quiet but its far from being antisocial :D

I don't understand your rolling start?? I've easily had 155mph out of mine :|

Jayk

Advanced Member
I ran my Silver one with OEM airbox and Manifold / B-pipe and check with a wide band was running sweet :) If not slightly rich.

I have never ran one with Aftermarket induction and mani without ECU.

However if OEM airbox is used and RBC with mani would it need mapping? Anyone running this?

Rolling start to s certian point, like a point to point Nick, (comparing accleration over the same distance,) not top speed. GPS out of the Silver one i had 166mph, out of the Blue one 163mph ;-)

jonster

Advanced Member
I really think you are going to need a KPro if you adding a race header. I can't tell you how much the RBC will affect things. I'm yet to collect any logs to see how it's changed things to my setup. I'm planning to do some road tuning at the weekend.

Jayk

Advanced Member
Jonster, if i keep the OEM Airbox and put a header on its fine. My silver one had that for over a year and readings were good. it ran slightly rich on top end of revs.

I'll check this one and see how it goes. I know for sure if you had say a gruppe-m and manifold you will be running lean.

Let us know how you get on dude.

Jay

j30l

Advanced Member
Ive got a brand new, still bubble wrapped dc sports mani and exhaust system if your interested?

The only reason why i've not fitted them is because i wanted something alot quieter. I bought it the same time as my friend, he fitted his to his car and i really didn't want something that loud. so i went with kakimoto exhaust and haven't changed the header.

joel