DC Sports Manifold

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
This has been mentioned quite a bit but the DC Sports Polished Stainless Steel manifold - it definately fits the DC5 doesnt it?

As i saw this thread http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=sports and was worried that it wont :?

Maybe the CTR ones are different? although i always thought they would be same code.

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... s+manifold

This thread also seems a bit confusing in that people do have them fitted but it seems TGM do something to make them fit :?:

Would appreciate anyone that could clarify this, ill probably be getting the manifold fitted at System-R along with a tune later in the year so would like to know if ill have to change plans and take it to TGM if i got the DC Sports one.

Also which ones do people have? the Street or the Race version?

Thanks!

James

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
I have the DC Sports manifold and it fit with no problems what so ever. I did get TGM to fit it as I was getting other stuff done but was there helping them out. We just had to lower the anti-roll bar to get it past.

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
cheers Nick

What version is yours? the 4-2-1 Race Header?

Everywhere ive looked the CTR and DC5 are same fitment for aftermarket manifolds so im assuming they are same. The manifold im looking at was originally on a EP3 you see so im just checking. Polished S/S just checking its the race header.

Project

Advanced Member
I believe the only difference between the race manifold and the street one is the emissions, as the race one has no CAT and is free flowing where as the street one has a resonator i think.
Basically the Street one will pass MOT and the Race one wont :D

Stuart_M

Will be looking into getting one of these soon to go with the DC sports cat back that I bought from TGM...I spoke to Tom about them at the time and he said he rated it, he said it was not disimilar to the Toda header in design, also priced a lot better. He never mentioned any fitting problems, maybe give him a call to clear that up and what ever else you need to know, hes very informative, just make sure you have a spare half hour :)

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
i was, then the spoon now the DC Sports :lol:

tbh i know Toda have the greatest gains, and that spoon offers option come MOT time that makes it easier.

But the DC Sports deal is a bit of a friggin bargain and it will save me money that can go towards the K-Pro.

Im still in limbo and if any of the 3 came up 2nd hand at decent prices im here waiting :lol: