DC Sports - Remove Silencer?

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Do you think it would be beneficial (i.e. more power) if I were to remove the quite large silencer from the centre pipe just before the backbox of my DC Sports exhaust? It looks quite restrictive but would it be worth my while or would the gains be pretty small?

Thanks,
Philip.

dave c

400hp K20
doubt you'll notice much other than extra noise to be honest but will be interested to hear your thoughts when you get in back

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Just got it back, my my my coupled with the Toda Manifold it sounds superb. :)

As for power, who knows, feels a bit sharper but could be the extra noise? In any case its much less restrictive now so it can only be a good thing.

Tommorow my RBC shall arrive and the K-Pro mapping will commence!

will88

sorry to bring an old topic back up but can you buy the de-silencer(if that's what its called) or did you have to get one made up?

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
sorry to bring an old topic back up but can you buy the de-silencer(if that's what its called) or did you have to get one made up?

He got it made up chap

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Has anyone reading this topic does this with a 5Zigen ProRacer Exhaust?

I'm thinking of getting a straight through B-Pipe but I'm thinking it'd be cheaper (how much will it cost?), quicker and easier to just get the silencer removed? Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Considering the 5Zigen is SILENT (I swear to god it's quieter than a Nissan Micra after idle has calmed down/warmed up, I tested it!) i'm positive it's restrictive.

jcdc5

Advanced Member
It defiantly made the car loud, as for performance gain I can not state as I never dyno a before and after.
I find it picks up quicker bottom end
The noise is naughty lol

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I put a status up on Facebook for exhaust fabrication in my local town because I would be interested in removing the silencer and this is what I've got back:

"Not on a 2 litre you don't you'll fuck that engine in no time. Need some back pressure. Get a sport cat"

Is this true? Will it fuck the engine? Now usually I would put comments like this to one side as the 'back pressure' argument has been done the death now but this guy is a Chief Marine Engineer, so I'm presuming he knows what he's talking about?

will88

Cant see it doing any damage tbh! Im going to have one fitted to mine. Im not bothered on the power gain side just want it louder as the DC system is fairly quiet.