DC5 Appreciation

sheeraz19823

Advanced Member
Had my DC5 a week now and the compliments are coming in! Random guy at a car park asked if it was a Integra and if i could take him for a spin (kindly said no!) A nod and thumbs up from a Focus ST owner. E46 M3 flashing lights thumbs up. Kind of enjoying the attention!! (i know i know)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
It does get a lot of attention mainly from petrolheads I find and fellow Honda owners, had a lad in a red EP3 with his missus slow right down before and was just staring at the car ha ha!

albone13

Advanced Member
a bloke in a amg merc asked me today how much my brakes were i told him there standard he looked at me in shock he didnt no what to say after that

S'arrt

The DC5 is such a looker, and so many people haven't ever seen one before it captures the attention of young and old. Likewise Sheeraz, I've loved sharing appreciation with endless fellow petrol heads. I have also thoroughly enjoyed noticing people ignore the likes of a brand new M3 but staring at the teg.

My young neighbour thought I had bought a Ferrari.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Yep ,they do seem pretty much timeless at the moment...still get all sorts of cars coming up quickly from behind when I`m just cruising then slowing right down to crawl past and have a looky at the Teg....MAGIC! :xgrin:

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
My folks went on holiday over a week ago and my dad has let me use his MK4 Golf 150 PD TDI. Goes well but stepping back in the DC5 has made me realise how nice a car it is and how different it is to the VW.

I drove the Teg on Sunday for first time in 5 days to give it a run out and it felt like stepping into a race car. Took me a while to re-adjust having driven the Golf around for a few days. The clutch, acceleration, smoothness especially at low revs is so much better in the DC5 than in the Golf, a lot more torque. In saying that I do think my dad's MK4 has seen better days, also think it needs a new turbo as when I last drove it it was a lot smoother but the DC5 feels much nicer to drive, the chassis, handling - everything.

I don't give the Golf back until Saturday and I can't wait to get back in the Integra, missing it so much. What I'm not missing is the fuel consumption. lol

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
My folks went on holiday over a week ago and my dad has let me use his MK4 Golf 150 PD TDI. Goes well but stepping back in the DC5 has made me realise how nice a car it is and how different it is to the VW.

I drove the Teg on Sunday for first time in 5 days to give it a run out and it felt like stepping into a race car. Took me a while to re-adjust having driven the Golf around for a few days. The clutch, acceleration, smoothness especially at low revs is so much better in the DC5 than in the Golf, a lot more torque. In saying that I do think my dad's MK4 has seen better days, also think it needs a new turbo as when I last drove it it was a lot smoother but the DC5 feels much nicer to drive, the chassis, handling - everything.

I don't give the Golf back until Saturday and I can't wait to get back in the Integra, missing it so much. What I'm not missing is the fuel consumption. lol
This will help with strange noises too I find. As m in mine regularly, I'm always thinking what's that noise ?. haha But going away and driving something else, and then getting back into the teg just puts my mind at ease that I don't have a sloppy car, it all feels tight and the noises are almost a figment of my imagination.

Drove a Corsa D for a week last year over to Cornwall with the girlfriend, when I got back it too felt like I had stepped into a race car. Its amazing how quick the mind and body adjust to being in different environments or circumstances.

anyway, back to it. ;)

DC5RS

DC5
Is it only me or it keeps the females away? I never found one that appreciates the car..
They always say ricer car.. Not that I care but it is getting annoying :xaiweb5:

albone13

Advanced Member
My Mrs loves the dc5 even tho she is not aloud to drive it. She loved the dc2 even more when I had that. I get called a ricer all the time don't bother me anymore

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
This will help with strange noises too I find. As m in mine regularly, I'm always thinking what's that noise ?. haha But going away and driving something else, and then getting back into the teg just puts my mind at ease that I don't have a sloppy car, it all feels tight and the noises are almost a figment of my imagination.

Drove a Corsa D for a week last year over to Cornwall with the girlfriend, when I got back it too felt like I had stepped into a race car. Its amazing how quick the mind and body adjust to being in different environments or circumstances.

anyway, back to it. ;)
This is a good point actually.

The DC5 is a quiet car in terms of refinement and little noises bar the noisy engine which I go on about often.

Mind you, when I drove it Sunday I didn't hear any noises whatsoever. Was a real pleasure driving it again but getting in it was weird, it felt so planted and so stiff in comparison to the Golf which it should be as it's a Type R but it took me a good half hour or so before it felt normal again. The gear changes and throw are a hell of a lot shorter than the Golf and when I was changing gear at first I was struggling to get it into the correct gear as I'd been used to the Golf's sloppy gearbox and gear stick.

It does need a lot doing to it the Golf which of course makes a difference to how it drives and goes but definitely makes you appreciate your own car more for sure. Can't get over how frugal the Golf is though in comparison to the Teg.

DC5RS said:
Is it only me or it keeps the females away? I never found one that appreciates the car..
They always say ricer car.. Not that I care but it is getting annoying :xaiweb5:
I've just bagged a Mrs so can't be much wrong with the car! lol

MaxJ

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
I‘ve just started seeing a bird, and was round at her flat the other day with her flat mate, when she came out with: “Have you seen his car? It‘s the biggest boy racer car ever!” to her mate. (Not a single fuck was given by the way)

To be perfectly honest if you‘re not interested in cars then they probably do seem a bit ‘Fast and the Furious‘ whether you‘re a girl or a lad.

I get people at work all the time asking if my car‘s broken due to the noise too.

On the other hand (as per this thread) there are plenty of people who compliment the car.

They‘re never going to be the kind of car to attract birds let‘s face it. But that‘s not why we buy them is it?

thrashermax

Had my car for a week now. It drives brilliantly, smooth power delivery, balanced, fun, refined. I jumped back into my M3 CSL and I although I love it, selling it won't be too painful now that I have teggy. So far I'm very happy with the teg.

p1tse

Advanced Member
thrashermax said:
Had my car for a week now. It drives brilliantly, smooth power delivery, balanced, fun, refined. I jumped back into my M3 CSL and I although I love it, selling it won't be too painful now that I have teggy. So far I'm very happy with the teg.
Pics side by side please of teg and csl and a mini review would be great

thrashermax

Patch_teg said:
Pics side by side please of teg and csl and a mini review would be great
Will do... CSL is at body shop for a week having TLC before she goes up for sale. Once she's back I'll take some pics. I can do a mini review with the Fiat Punto bodyshop courtesy car if you'd like!

thrashermax

coyote_dc5 said:
Incredible you prefer teg over a CSL. Just shows how much fun they are!
coyote_dc5 said:
Incredible you prefer teg over a CSL. Just shows how much fun they are!
Wouldn't say I prefer... the CSL is a lovely machine but 360bhp and
it's full capability will never be used on the roads and I don't do track days. The teg has more than enough power for my needs and still feels special enough.

They are both great cars.