DC5 British Touring Car Championship Winner 2005 &2006

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I bet most DC5 owners cars nowdays are better specced than these especially with the advancements in technology.

Imagine a DC5 now as an NGTC car, they'd be even more amazing.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I bet most DC5 owners cars nowdays are better specced than these especially with the advancements in technology.

I doubt it very much lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martinj46

Advanced Member
It won't let me link to here, but search 'Touring car spares' on facebook, they have an ex. BTCC DC5 for sale with heaps of detail photos.

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Was seeing these in the btcc that made me get one otherwise I would be in an evo.

dk123

Advanced Member
That's amazing - are there any good videos of these in action online anywhere from that season? Thanks for sharing the pics!

cjh1981

Advanced Member
dk123 said:
That's amazing - are there any good videos of these in action online anywhere from that season? Thanks for sharing the pics!
You still can buy the season reviews for not much cash, got a few from this era, I'm as mad about them now as I was then.

dk123

Advanced Member
That's great thanks. Yeah I love watching the BTCC races - even the older ones!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
cjh1981 said:
I doubt it very much lol

Why not?

It was a decade ago. When I went to watch the BTCC at Oulton last year they were running the old BTCC Super Touring cars.

Looking in the engine bay and also at the suspension/brake setups etc, it looked the same if not older than stuff you can now buy for your own cars. Things such as exhaust, manifold, intakes etc as well as suspension/brakes setups.

They just looked like the equivalent of track, stripped down versions of what people drive now. As those BTCC DC5's were running K20's then I can imagine the massive difference will have been the engine internals/valvetrain. I know that may sound somewhat simplistic as there are of course other factors but my point is, modifications are so much more advanced nowdays that they're probably not too dissimilar or far off what was in those cars at the time.

Stuarty

Advanced Member
Great pics, cheers for sharing. The teg always looks at home on the track.

Crazylegs said:

Ha I doubt that very much.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
cjh1981 said:
Was seeing these in the btcc that made me get one otherwise I would be in an evo.

Exactly the same here xthumbup

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Crazylegs said:
Why not?

It was a decade ago. When I went to watch the BTCC at Oulton last year they were running the old BTCC Super Touring cars.

Looking in the engine bay and also at the suspension/brake setups etc, it looked the same if not older than stuff you can now buy for your own cars. Things such as exhaust, manifold, intakes etc as well as suspension/brakes setups.

They just looked like the equivalent of track, stripped down versions of what people drive now. As those BTCC DC5's were running K20's then I can imagine the massive difference will have been the engine internals/valvetrain. I know that may sound somewhat simplistic as there are of course other factors but my point is, modifications are so much more advanced nowdays that they're probably not too dissimilar or far off what was in those cars at the time.
Neil Brown engines, Penske dampers, Xtrac boxes etc etc, not to mention serious custom suspension setup. We are still talking about a totally different league even in today's terms.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
Neil Brown engines, Penske dampers, Xtrac boxes etc etc, not to mention serious custom suspension setup. We are still talking about a totally different league even in today's terms.
Yes that's very true, had forgotten about the transmission.

I think I was maybe not quite looking at it fully as I appreciate there is a lot more variables and stuff that go into a racing car that you don't of course see in road/track cars.

Never heard of Neil Brown engineering before. Was reading about the power of these engines, they were around 365bhp or something weren't they?