Dc5 clutch change

Luke20vt

Hi I'm new to the honda scene after buying my first one back in Feb my Integra dc5 has a slipping clutch. I'm putting a OEM honda clutch back in but want to tackle it my self, I've replaced clutch and flywheels on cars before but never on a k20. I've done some reading up and im reading different things about if to remove the subframe or not can someone who has done this please let me know also I'll be doing it in my drive not on ramps if someone could let me know how long approx it took them and any tips would be great. Thanks in advance.

wocka

Advanced Member
I did one on my old dc5 around 4 years ago on my drive, not too bad if your confident on working on cars. You definitely need to drop the subframe, well I did anyway

I had the car on stands at the front then I used 2 trolley jacks facing towards the car to hold up the subframe while I undid everything and then lowered them down slowly, I then pulled the trolly jacks away from the car with the subframe on them at either side, and then lifted the subframe off and used the jacks to complete the job

The gearbox is quite heavy so I used a jack to lift the gearbox up and then lined it up and pushing it into place from there, it was a pain lifting the gearbox up by hand and trying to wiggle it into place at such a short height, your trying to lift it and bend and look down at the same time

If your thinking of fitting engine mount inserts, aftermarket exhaust manifold etc then take advantage of the subframe being off

As I said, this was 4 odd years ago so I can‘t go into too much detail or a step by step guide but it‘s doable and I did it all on my own well within a day and I fitted a mani at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke20vt

Thanks for the reply ill have a go then it was just the subframe I was unsure about. I'll just take my time. Thanks

Fez

Advanced Member
What wocka said sounds right.
You only need to take one of the starter motor bolts out, the one you can see. Still be careful with the knock sensor though.
And the bell housing bolts are all different lengths so try to remember where they go.

Marky.

I have just changed mine and follows this guide...

http://customdc5.my-php.net/diy/clutch/?i=1

Was ideal and goes through every step. Getting the gearbox back in was the most difficult part for me. I laid a piece of wood across the struts at the top and used a tie wrap to suspend and lift the gearbox up as I found it really difficult to balance on a jack (I have a gravel drive though). Easy to slot in this way as well.

I also sat the backend of my car on breeze blocks for extra height.