DC5 Coming Soon!!

TypeRaidy

Cant wait to get my ass into the seat of a DC5,made my mind up,has to be white,nice blue one for sale down the country though!Think i'll take a few quid extra out and fit Kpro,spoon n1,qruppeM and maybe a mani!!Sounds like a good dream anyway,well girl coming to give me deposit on my CTR tomorow so i'll be shopping then :D

Just wondering whats the big things i'll notice(haven't drove DC5 yet)? the diff?Probbly wont feel alot quicker than my CTR as it has manifold,cat back and induction so it goes well to,and are DC5's lighter than my EP3?? and if any of you have sold a DC5 to ireland have you any idea what it cost to duty pay it to ireland,if its no dearer than my CTR i'll probably buy in england again

Sorry lot of questions,bit excited about the big move to you guys side :D :D :D

Help appreciated!!

gregb

Advanced Member
expect to pay 30%of the open selling price of the car.
last year i was contemplating getting one in myself and the vrt was the best part of €5500 on an 2001.
i`d still look across the pond for one already modified as you might get a bargain there?
nice to get your car sold so quick.

TypeRaidy

Cheers Greg,well i wouldn't mind paying 5k if i got good one in england but it looks like they are cheaper in dublin,possibly cause they are coming straight from jap land and not registered in england and then ireland,yeah fingers crossed but she told me she'd slap me if i sold it to anyone else!!!She bought my old car 2

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
The DC5 is lighter...I believe the JDM CTR is 10-15kg heavier than the DC5 ITR, i dont know how much heavier is the UKDMCTR from the DC5. Also you have a LSD now so that should help a bit with acceleration....

TypeRaidy

Thats what i thought and i'm sure my EP3 was heavier than a JDM EP3,lol....that is a good plan mike,i'm keeping an eye out for a nice one on here!!

Ken A

Advanced Member
Hiya bud. I bought mine a few weeks ago and I priced cars in the UK as well. I priced the VRT at about 5500 for a 02 and about 4600 for a 01.

Theres a CW '01 in Dublin ( I think its fine motors) for sale.
Hp Imports in waterford have another DC5 as well I think.

TypeRaidy

Ken A said:
Hiya bud. I bought mine a few weeks ago and I priced cars in the UK as well. I priced the VRT at about 5500 for a 02 and about 4600 for a 01.

Theres a CW '01 in Dublin ( I think its fine motors) for sale.
Hp Imports in waterford have another DC5 as well I think.
Cheers mate,yeah i seen the one in fine motors its well priced,fella trying to sell an 01 cw teg at 19k euro then duty paid is 23500,which isn't to bad cause the car has extra strut braces,HKS cat back and a panel filter which is the kinda stuff i wnna do but my ctr is/was 02,rather stay 02 than go back :?

@ Macer,hey mate yours is the blue one i mentioned in my first post,talking to you on cruiseirl xthumbup

macer

Advanced Member
TypeRaidy said:
["]

@ Macer,hey mate yours is the blue one i mentioned in my first post,talking to you on cruiseirl xthumbup
Yea put an add there to see would there be an Interest, have got quite a lot of PMs about it. Im not goint to adverise anywhere else for the moment.

Ken A

Advanced Member
macer said:
TypeRaidy said:
["]

Yea put an add there to see would there be an Interest, have got quite a lot of PMs about it. Im not goint to adverise anywhere else for the moment.
keep the DC5...get rid of the g/f !! :lol: :xvtec:

macer

Advanced Member
Ken A said:
macer said:
TypeRaidy said:
["]

keep the DC5...get rid of the g/f !! :lol: :xvtec:
Feck that she earns good money :D need her to keep the DC5

TypeRaidy

Maybe i'm wrong but Macer sounds like someone who was told "SELL THAT CAR" but deep down he doesn't wanna sell his nice DC5....lol :xvtec: X2