DC5 Day

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
Hello Guys,

Today is the day I finally get my Champ White DC5.

Sadly I am in work until 5 but I cannot wait to finish go pick it up and just be able to drive. I am going from a 1.4 Fiesta straight into it.

Also buying the car from a friend of mine sitting about 60k miles 2001 model and i'll be the 2nd UK owner of the car, MINT example!

Anyway I just wanted to say hi and i'm excited !

kammy11

Advanced Member
Awesome man! Today will be horrible at work for you. Get some pics up when you get a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
kammy11 said:
Awesome man! Today will be horrible at work for you. Get some pics up when you get a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know mate, sitting 'working' but really just all over these forums!

Yeah I'll get some pics as soon as I can!

type_r_baby

I am surprised you have had some sleep! Hope you enjoy the 5! Big jump from a fiesta! Is it your first Honda? If so you will appreciate the knowledge on this forum as pretty much everything you need to know should already be covered!

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
type_r_baby said:
I am surprised you have had some sleep! Hope you enjoy the 5! Big jump from a fiesta! Is it your first Honda? If so you will appreciate the knowledge on this forum as pretty much everything you need to know should already be covered!
I know woke up absolutely buzzing!

Yeah massive jump from the fiesta I HATE! First Honda but my cousins have a K20 EG and B16 Ej9 so I am somewhat used to dealing with them!

type_r_baby

ChrisJDMDC5 said:
I know woke up absolutely buzzing!

Yeah massive jump from the fiesta I HATE! First Honda but my cousins have a K20 EG and B16 Ej9 so I am somewhat used to dealing with them!
Oh right sweet. Well enjoy possibly one of the longest days ever at work!

Fez

Advanced Member
Awesome! Bet you can't wait. I went from a 1.25 fiesta to an Accord Type R when i was 19, it was awesome, but now i think it was too much of a jump. Lol.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Awesome! Bet you can't wait. I went from a 1.25 fiesta to an Accord Type R when i was 19, it was awesome, but now i think it was too much of a jump. Lol.
I honestly can't, so keen!

Yeah it is quite a jump but insurance wise it's not actually half as bad as i thought it would be considering I've only had my license a year and a half and I'm 23

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Since you're coming from a fezza, don't jump in it and thrash the tits off it, take a bit of time to learn how the power application works and it's ability in the corners.

Apart from that enjoy!

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Since you're coming from a fezza, don't jump in it and thrash the tits off it, take a bit of time to learn how the power application works and it's ability in the corners.

Apart from that enjoy!
100% mate, it makes me sad that people get cars like these and bin them within months of ownership.

I am in this for the long haul so I will be taking my time and as you say just learning how to properly handle the car and its power.

Thanks for the advice and i'm sure i'll have no problems enjoying owning the car!

Fez

Advanced Member
ChrisJDMDC5 said:
100% mate, it makes me sad that people get cars like these and bin them within months of ownership.

I am in this for the long haul so I will be taking my time and as you say just learning how to properly handle the car and its power.

Thanks for the advice and i'm sure i'll have no problems enjoying owning the car!
Unfortunately This is what happened to me, 10months in. Huge regret! But lived to learn.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
tico_87 said:
If your not far from london pop by ace cafe on saturday :xgrin:
I saw that there was a meet, unfortunately I'm from Glasgow so no chance of that happening 😢

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
Love it! Posted up in the fault section though if any of you guys could check that out see if you can help me?