DC5 Dealers

Aly

Advanced Member
Hello, as ive been looking at DC5's on pistonheads etc ive been noticing certain companies charging less than others for the same spec of car, miles etc.

Example. Company called "Trade import direct" is selling a dc5 for £9,250 2002 / 50k but if i went to say 200bhp or dicksons for example it would cost me atleast 2,000 more than this. Torque GT have similar spec cars for the same prices.

What is the reason behind this?

MadMaxCTR

Advanced Member
If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is pal.

Not sure on that company but I've definitely heard on here about some 'suspect' import sellers.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
if u cant afford that, buy one here...there are many nice cars over here on this board for sale

Aly

Advanced Member
I can afford one private or trader, just trying to understand why theres such a massive diffrence in price between dealers?

donkeykong

Advanced Member
1) well one makes more money the other doesnt.
2) one has a better model the other doesn't
3) one has a damaged car the other doesn't

3 resons already,

but if u have the money u buy from 200bhp....i only heard good stories :)

i'm from the netherlands and i bought a car from a member here and it was cheap

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Aly said:
What is the reason behind this?
Welcome to the world of JDM imports. :lol:

You HAVE to have a rough idea of what you are looking for :idea:

Do your research on as many forums,as you can.

I strongly believe,a LOT,of JDM imports,come in,because they are cheap at Jap auctions and can be,"tidied-up",over here. :idea: :shock:

I spend far too much time on Honda TypeR's forums, 8) 8)

DO you research,ask "US", loads of Q's. :idea:

Oh and dont buy FLO.

:arrow:

Mark_teg

Staff member
Another reason (which isn't so negative) is that the first company may have imported the vehicle a while ago when the exchange rate was more in their favour :idea:
If possible go see as many DC5s as possible.
Having said that, I agree with the posts above recommending Andy at 200bhpcars. I didn't use him for my own car, but will more than likely use him if I buy another import :)

HTH

vtecz

Advanced Member
Dicksons imports some mint examples, one of the main companies to import dc5s, torque are also well known, never heard of the first company, but guess you never know what to expect til you have seen the car

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
When i was buying my DC5 i talked to several dealers and unfortunately the people who actually know what there doing/talking about seem few and far between.

Andy at 200bhp was very very good though and if i hadn't found a car off the forum i'd have gone to him without a second thought. heard good things about torqueGT and Dickinsons or Perth

Kevin Girdler

Advanced Member
Bought from Dicksons. I was happy to pay a bit extra for reassurance that i was buying a 1st class example with no hidden problems.

From my initial phone call to purchasing the car and after sales they have been superb.

Not saying you cant find decent cheaper examples but it can be a gamble. Not a gamble i was prepared to take.

Good luck

roncee

Advanced Member
bought mine from torque and as someone said already you get good examples with no hidden history
really good to deal with. yes it may have cost few more £. but 110% happy with it. nothing has gone wrong and most mechanics comment on how good condition it is.

2nd hand car market is a gamble, buying from a bigger "dealer" is one way of minimising the risk.

claydon

Guys, sorry for bumping an old thred.

But has anyone had any experience or feedback from other parties about 'WRC sales'?

vtecz

Advanced Member
they in bradford, heard a few ok things and a few not so good things, always best to go check the car out

john boy

Advanced Member
mine has bin in uk for 2years,i have had it for 3weeks 2uk owners before me but came from torqe gt devon,it is still tidy and they must of underseal it when it come in so would trust them,i looked at 5 only 2had bin underseal,mine is 52plate 71k few mods and paid £9200 but is worth every penny,went to se 1 in yorkshire on e,bay for £8500 said was mint travel 8hrs to se it & it was far from mint!no underseal rusty and poor paint work always go look at a car!the car may look mint in a pic but in flesh can be very poor,if it looks to good a deal it prob is mate,i found that out wasted about 14hrs travel and more than £150 fuel and travel lodge but atleast i didn't end up with it.be careful and i hope you end up with a good1

Aly

Advanced Member
The AA have an inspection service that i just used today actually. You get a phone call and a massive report emailed to you.

190 point check
10 mile test drive

£175 if u get an HPI check aswell.

They do trade or private cars, might be worth doing that the WRC car. If its the white one they have its been there for a VERY long time. Makes you think theres somthing not right about it?

Andy 200bhp is very good, he does charge more than everyone and is extremely hard to get a hold off... torque gt in devon offer nice cars at very good prices, too bad they are so far away.

Andy.

Advanced Member
claydon said:
Guys, sorry for bumping an old thred.

But has anyone had any experience or feedback from other parties about 'WRC sales'?
I'm pretty sure i've read a few bad reports about these guys...