DC5 - Decision made

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrawnban

Hi all, after weeks and months of trying to source a decent example DC5 in Ireland I've finally made a decision, I've looked at many examples over the last few weeks and months and the last two decent ones in the country have gone to Rich on here, his beautiful 2002 example and the other a 2004 artic blue one which an friend of mine bought, both two absolute excellent examples and I've seen nothing in Ireland to match them. Every thing in Ireland at the moment is either massively over priced or complete scrap or white (championship cream). I am aware there are some fabulous examples for sale in the UK but with the euro being so weak again sterling its just not a runner plus VRT has to be paid on the car when you get it to Ireland, so just like my first DC5 love which kerianm now owns and i spent 18 months trying to source. Its going to be the auction import road for me. This now means i wont have a DC5 until well after Christmas but i don't mind because I want the right car in the right condition at the right price and i don't mind waiting for the right one to come along. As they say owners don't pick their cars.....cars pick their owners and that's exactly what happened with my first DC5. So watch this space people.

CL1_EuroR

Best of luck finding one man.

I wanted to go the auction route too, but the prices have gone Bonkers over there since I started looking back in March.

scrawnban

Their not thay bonkers a 2003 grade 3.5 artic blue with 100k on her c pack and all few small scratchs sold for 3500k euro other night so there is value you just have to have be patience.

scrawnban

Well as I said I waited 18 months for my last one..so right car..right condition...and right money.

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Have a look at mine, i'm based in the North, the car used to live in the south so VRT is paid.

scrawnban

Beautiful example but it's white and it's to old plus that's around 10k euro here and cleared. And I'm after something a little more standard.

Jon_ep3ctr

Advanced Member
I agree there are some bad examples out there, along with the good also, almost 4 years ago it took me 4 months and 4 different test drives to find the right one, I was looking for a Cw and ended up with a low mileage standard apb, good luck in your search there great cars

scrawnban

k20-outlaw said:
Interested in mine?
Ive already contacted you about yours...Again beautiful example..but the miles are to high on it for me and it's miles out of my budget.

scrawnban

Your one and the 2004 one I mentioned earlier are the two best examples I've seen in the country. Nothing I've seen comes even close

scrawnban

Here's another one

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/7866767

I actually looked at the car when it came up for sale first time about six months ago...the pictures are extremely deciving and the owner is selling after less than six months ownership. It was all over the road..handling terribly with the stupid suspension that's in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.