DC5 - Decision made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich3248

Advanced Member
I went from Cork to Galway a few months back to look at a Subaru Impreza Sti with the buddy. The seller said it was immaculate. So I Drove over 3 hours up their. Within in 10 seconds of it pulling up to meet us, we were already packing up to go home again. It wasn't clean at all. Different shade blues, alloy kerbing, rust etc... And he wanted strong money for it.

My point is, since that day me and my buddy came to the conclusion that everyone has a different view on how clean a car is. The seller thought that car was immaculate, he genuinely thought it was clean. His idea of a clean car and my idea of a clean car are two entirely different things.

Here in Ireland it is quite difficult to get a good genuine well cared car. No one here believes in paint protection or servicing, besides enthusiasts.

Anyway @Scrawnban there is a White (not cream) DC5 with decent spec up for sale in Waterford I think. Up for €9500 (9000 would probably take it. Judging by photos, it's immaculate inside and out and he's an enthusiast. Strong money but pay for what you get. He's on Facebook, I can put you in contact?

scrawnban

It's white I've just Seen it nice example...not for me.

As for that subaru few of the lads on isdc went to see it. Complete horror story. I considered looking at it till the lads on isdc looked. Again another example of the typical irish mentality

AaronDc5

I think your just going to have to bite to the bullet and spend to get a decent one this day and age, if not, get a half decent one and spend a fortune getting it right which I would hate to do,but at the end of the day there 13-15 year old cars and your going to pay for a pristine one, ones that are well kept will strongly hold there money,in the future,in my opinion,Dc5's are the kind of car's I can see in 20 years making a small fortune!

scrawnban

AaronDc5 said:
I think your just going to have to bite to the bullet and spend to get a decent one this day and age, if not, get a half decent one and spend a fortune getting it right which I would hate to do,but at the end of the day there 13-15 year old cars and your going to pay for a pristine one, ones that are well kept will strongly hold there money,in the future,in my opinion,Dc5's are the kind of car's I can see in 20 years making a small fortune!
Totally agree with you there. But it's fairly simple form my point of view. I want something low mileage, standard, in good condition and not white. So their auction import road it is. As I said I'd to wait 18 months for my first one.

mark type r

Advanced Member
I'm in the process of searching for one on the auctions.
I wouldn't buy one already imported, too many hidden issues. At least with an imported one you know it's been looked over (Andy at 200bhp checks all his cars) and have a warranty.

scrawnban

mark type r said:
I'm in the process of searching for one on the auctions.
I wouldn't buy one already imported, too many hidden issues. At least with an imported one you know it's been looked over (Andy at 200bhp checks all his cars) and have a warranty.
I'm importing under my own steam I'm a past master at it at this stage so theres no issues there. We could have cars about the same time then.

mark type r

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
I'm importing under my own steam I'm a past master at it at this stage so theres no issues there. We could have cars about the same time then.
I've been looking since July, I think?

It's been a while.
The blue and black FL in good condition are rare as rocking horse sh*t at the min.
There are some at the dealers but not in a brilliant condition.

Hopefully we will be posting some time soon.

scrawnban

mark type r said:
I've been looking since July, I think?

It's been a while.
The blue and black FL in good condition are rare as rocking horse sh*t at the min.
There are some at the dealers but not in a brilliant condition.

Hopefully we will be posting some time soon.
Ya FL's in general are becoming rare but as I said earlier in the thread patience is the key and the right car will come along

mark type r

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
Ya FL's in general are becoming rare but as I said earlier in the thread patience is the key and the right car will come along
Yep.

I'm not really rushing get one now. Hopefully I'll get one by March and the start of the better weather.

scrawnban

WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
Lol! Me too! Another prime example of great education
This is completely typical of the Irish attitude. I asked the lad with the NHB teg what's the story with the black marks on the rocker cover.. His reply. Oh...I forget to clean da engine before da pix.

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
that black one with silver wheels is a heap of shite, you can see he didn't even clean the wheels to take pics,

but in all fairness, you can't say that the 6k euro 01-02 examples are too high miles and rough, and on the same breath say a mint 04 example is not worth 9k,

because if you bought a 01 dc5, and spent 2k respraying it, and another 2k on maintenance that is over due, you'd have 9-10k spent and it would still be 3 years older than a 04 model.

look at the uk prices, 8-9k stg for a 04 model, thats about 11k euro, plus another 2k for vrt, plus nct it, tax it, number plates, and the clocks would be in miles thats the best part of 14 thousand euro.

if you still think good examples in Ireland are over priced then that's what is wrong with the Irish import car scence, not the fella's like me asking strong cash for looked after cars.

scrawnban

k20-outlaw said:
that black one with silver wheels is a heap of excremente, you can see he didn't even clean the wheels to take pics,

but in all fairness, you can't say that the 6k euro 01-02 examples are too high miles and rough, and on the same breath say a unblemished 04 example is not worth 9k,

because if you bought a 01 dc5, and spent 2k respraying it, and another 2k on maintenance that is over due, you'd have 9-10k spent and it would still be 3 years older than a 04 model.

look at the uk prices, 8-9k stg for a 04 model, thats about 11k euro, plus another 2k for vrt, plus nct it, tax it, number plates, and the clocks would be in miles thats the best part of 14 thousand euro.

if you still think good examples in Ireland are over priced then that's what is wrong with the Irish import car scence, not the fella's like me asking strong cash for looked after cars.
I've already spoken to you about your car, it's a beautiful example, well minded and well looked after. But the milage is to high. Shes not c pack and I want something completely standard.
And it's not over pricing it's the general rubbish condition of what's on the irish market is why I'm going down the import road.

dc5_on_tour

Yea between road tax and vrt we get robbed...I bought mine off a member on here in 2008 and had to pay 3500 vrt...there are alot of decent dc5 in ireland and alot of scrap...you will be doing well to find one that is standard nowadays tho in ireland

scrawnban

dc5_on_tour said:
Yea I know what you mean...what colour,mileage and year are you after?
Milano....Artic...silver...colours...sub 100khms...c pack....FL if possible..... And as standard as possible

2004-2007

TyperItr

Advanced Member
If I was to get a DC5 again it would be black. You forgot to put black on your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.