DC5 - Decision made

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrawnban

dotty said:
Have you sold your Vxr ? What if the perfect car comes along? Are you in a position to buy without selling your current car ?
I am indeed dotty. Yes still have the vxr.

Rom

Advanced Member
Patience or Import is your only choice.
You have a list of demands, for a car that still numbers under 400 in UK, let alone Ireland! Then on top of that, you dont want to pay top dollar.

Oh, and to top it all off...your buying the wrong colour :xhaha:

Billy's type r

Advanced Member
This is a longest thread I have ever read,which the op has started. My eyes have started to hurt.Seems like its a dossier for the UN.(united nations)

mark type r

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
This has to be the longest thread in the history of car forums for buying a car but not actually buying one.

I think by the time we get to 50 pages you still won't have bought one! lol
I can think of a longer one on TRO

Danga or as Dotty calls him Twanga.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Nickyyy said:
I don't know who's worse.. you or p1ste LOL :p

Who are you using to import?

Who did you use in the past, may import an evo IX myself
Ha, the original poster must be my lost twin brother lol.

Would have gone for yours, but timing wasn't right :(

See you've sold. Congrats.

ste01

Advanced Member
Billy's type r said:
Seems like its a dossier for the UN.(united nations)
More like the Scottish Referendum...especially if he doesn't end up with a teg! Haha

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
for the sake of nothing more than interest, what is your top budget, the absolute maximum you can spend, to buy, pay import duty, pay vrt, pay for 3 months tax (200euro) pay for an nct test.

I think your going to be dissapointed if you don't have 12-14k euro cash to spend if you reckon a 9k 107k mile artic blue in decent condition is over priced.

scrawnban

k20-outlaw said:
for the sake of nothing more than interest, what is your top budget, the absolute maximum you can spend, to buy, pay import duty, pay vrt, pay for 3 months tax (200euro) pay for an nct test.

I think your going to be dissapointed if you don't have 12-14k euro cash to spend if you reckon a 9k 107k mile artic blue in decent condition is over priced.
Once again my budget is no one's business only my own...and I never said anything about cars being over priced....and I already complemented your example...I also explained why I'm not interested in it.

Rom

Advanced Member
scrawnban said:
Once again my budget is no one's business only my own...and I never said anything about cars being over priced...
scrawnban said:
Every thing in Ireland at the moment is either massively over priced or complete scrap or white (championship cream).
scrawnban said:
Mental over priced and extremely poor...I cannot express how bad it is over here
scrawnban said:
I understand where your coming from...completely. But the cars at meets aren't always for sale. The good ones rarely come up for sale and if the do they are generally way over priced. There is no value in going to the UK or n.I. Because the euro is shagged against sterling
This thread is a train wreck.

Please import a pristine, low mileage, standard example for cheap soon!

TyperItr

Advanced Member
TypeRich said:
I actually might consider selling mine in the new year.... All jokes aside
How come? You spent nearly a year looking and posting to find one, I thought you would be keeping it longer than that.

Would be a good buy.

scrawnban

TypeRich said:
I actually might consider selling mine in the new year.... All jokes aside
Do not sell that car rich...it's an absolute life keeper....I completely regretted selling my first dc5.

06TypeR

Agree with you the irish market is for integra's is ridiclous, never see any clean dc2s go up because they've all been broken, crashed or driven into the ground, dc5s are going that way.

I was a couple of months waiting for the right dc5 to come up. Managed to get a FL CW at a very good price, with 85000KM and completely standard, and considering the price of them in the UK, I thought I did well. I'd wait rather than giving the thieves in the VRT your hard earned money. But then again wouldn't blame you for importing one. Heard rumours of them getting rid of VRT in January, fingers crossed but probably wont happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.