DC5 Engine Start Button

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Don't suppose anyone can shed any light on installing the Honda Access engine start button kit?

I installed the engine start button with the Honda Access loom so it was just plug and play. The button works as it should and everything. However I can now start the car without using the clutch only when I use the key. I have to use the clutch to use the button which is strange. Anyone know why? Ideally want the clutch pedal down function back with the key.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JamesL

Advanced Member
Doesn‘t help you‘re topic but where did you get it from as I would like to install one into mine

SamDC5

Advanced Member
JamesL said:
Doesn‘t help you‘re topic but where did you get it from as I would like to install one into mine
I believe I've found the fault anyway

I bought mine off a forum member as the Honda Access loom is discontinued now. Might be easier to buy an S2000 start button and wire it in yourself. The harnesses rarely ever come up mate.

Mattz

Advanced Member
I have to use the clutch to start mine (Which is factory fitted) - I'm pretty sure this is by design?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Mattz said:
I have to use the clutch to start mine (Which is factory fitted) - I'm pretty sure this is by design?
I had a cut cable and I've plugged up wrong mate got to sort it later

Mattz

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
I had a cut cable and I've plugged up wrong mate got to sort it later

So you can force it to start by the button without using the clutch? :eek:

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Mattz said:
So you can force it to start by the button without using the clutch? :eek:
Nope other way round! I have to press the clutch in to use the button. But for some reason now I can start it using the key without pressing in the clutch. I believe I've plugged the wrong wire in

SamDC5

Advanced Member
All sorted now, ended up stripping the loom all the way back and improved it got my clutch start back.