DC5 Forum Noob

Gunn79

Advanced Member
Hello. I am new to this forum, but not new to the Honda Type R.

I see a lot of users on this site who I recognise, and hopefully a few of you will recognise me.

Better explain why I am here....

I have finally gone down the DC5 route, and bought a lovely example today. Just got the wait till next Friday when I pick it up.

No pics from the dealer today as the weather was rubbish, so the only pics I can show are the ones from Japan (which are not the best quality!).

The car no longer has the black front splitter, as I arranged for the OE splitter to be fitted.

Its a December 52 car, non-C pack and has a verified 22,000 miles. The whole car is in extremely good condition. No stone chips, alloys are unmarked etc.. The interior is incredible, factory fresh. Not a mark on the passenger and drivers Recaros, no signs of ANY wear.

And as for my earlier comment about changing to the softer DC5 from the DC2 Teg, thats not entirely true!

Car has some very nice parts fitted.

Genuine 17" Work Emotion alloys, with Advan AD07 tyres.

Bilstein coilovers

Aftermarket LSD (possibly Cusco).

RIGID front brace and wheel nuts

Uprated engine mounts (possible Mugen rubber mounts).

Not sure what model of Bilstein coilovers, and not sure on the LSD yet, but the details currently being investigated.

The drive as you can imagine is firm, yet suprisingly driveable, maybe even smoother than my DC2 Teg. The uprated engine mounts transfer a lot of vibration, and the LSD will take some getting used to, as it is very noticeable.

I will hopefully get more info soon, and better pics after I have picked it up next week.

Finally a big thumbs up to the guys at Torque GT who have supplied the car :thumb:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Hello ann welcome gunn79, car looks very tidy, good work.

What have you done with the black front splitter? that would look good in white. :wink:

Gunn79

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
Hello ann welcome gunn79, car looks very tidy, good work.

What have you done with the black front splitter? that would look good in white. :wink:
Splitter came off in 2 bits, as it was damaged in transit. Luckily I had always planned to put the OE one back on, but it is a shame the black one was damaged.

Greensprout

Advanced Member
Gunn79 said:

I see a lot of users on this site who I recognise, and hopefully a few of you will recognise me.
Howdy!

I recognise your name from the DC2 forum..

I've sold my DC2 and now looking for a DC5..

Gunn79

Advanced Member
Greensprout said:
Gunn79 said:

Howdy!

I recognise your name from the DC2 forum..

I've sold my DC2 and now looking for a DC5..
Yeah - I am trading the DC2 in for the DC5. Gonna miss the DC2, but hopefully the DC5 will make a good replacement 8)

Heres the old girl!

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Thats one hell of a clean dc2 bud. Mirrored finish, never ever ever been a fan of ukdm or red tegs, but that slightly sways me. :shock:

Did you have to bite the bullet and sell teh dc2 for pennies rather than ££££'s ?.

Enjoy your 5 fella. :wink:

vtecbaby

hah

welcome dude

the reason behind my car being dropped from 7800 to 7000 is pictured above :(

good to see your sticking to the red H though buddy

Pete

Mark_teg

Staff member
Hello and welcome bud.
I too recognise your name and car from TRO / CTRO...
Congrats on the new purchase. If you fancy a change of alloys let me know :wink: :lol:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Oh COOL! welcome mate :D

Our cars could have shared the same boat? :lol:
I pick mine up Saturday 8th.

Lookin good fella!

Torque GT are SUPERB! I must have mailed the guy about 100 times in the last few months, lol.... he's been so informative and patient every step of the way.

Happy Motoring!

phil r

Advanced Member
dc5 frum noob

welcome mate, nice to see another local dc5 owner see you at a meet soon (ujcc)
cheers phil :)

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Welcome over mate :wink:

As per TRO, it looks cool.

Out of interest, what have they offered you trade for the DC2 if you don't mind me asking? PM if preferred

Evs

Advanced Member
:xwavey:

Welcome across, always admired the way you kept your DC2 and I don't expect you'll be any different with this one 8)

Enjoy :D

Gunn79

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Welcome aboard mate. Thought you was getting a Landy?
For the price and running costs, Imay have well bought an Evo :lol:

The vintage one I test drove as a cheaper run around was just too unuseable day to day.

Decided on the DC5, I just love the NA high reving Honda's 8)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Good to hear mate.

I'm looking for a posting down Blandford again soon so we should meet up and you can share your cleaning tips with me!