DC5 Fuel Economy

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

I am on the hunt for a new car and weighing up my options. Always had a real soft spot for the DC5 but after owning an Impreza turbo I need something that doesnt need fuel every couple of days.

What is the DC5 like on fuel day to day. We work on loads but as I don't own one I have never known what economy they return. I do mostly town driving with the occasional run on the motorway so need to get an idea on this please. Base it on a standard engine with maybe an intake and exhaust.

Say you put 40 quid in the tank from the light being on, what sort of mileage are you getting with mixed driving?

Thanks,

Stevie

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Depends how you drive, i used to be very reserved and pull in 35+ on short 7mile trips

Getting a little below that around 31 to 33mpg now but still pretty good mpg

(edit - table added) would appear i'm being more heavy footed or the winter coldness is taking its toll :(

nellly

Advanced Member
so far i am getting the same as above around 31-33 mpg but that with no motorway driving just a/b roads i am expecting more when i do some motor way miles.
i got slightly better out of my old dc2 on the same a/b roads with that i was more like 34-35. i think the 6 gear will help load more on motorway runs though.

anton1234

Advanced Member
I only do stop start driving about 5 miles each way, and it cost me 60 pound of v power to do around 280 miles, best I've got is 360 to a tank with mostly motorway driving

integraleo

Advanced Member
ive had 3 dc2's and 2 dc5's and easily the dc5 is the more frugal on fuel.all my dc2's averaged 220-260 to a tankfull where as the dc5 is always 280-310.same size fuel tank

Coomya

I've also come from owning an Impreza, i found i would get low 20's as you cant really drive an impreza economically/off boost, so they are are always drinking the fuel. Driving in a similar fashion in the teg i get on average high 20's, but its so much easier to drive the teg economically and it can return mid to high 30's on a run, i found that nearly impossible with the Impreza.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Probably average around 30mpg normal, had about 40mpg on a long run. I got 425miles without the light coming on

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
You are not joking mate, the Impreza isn't too bad on a run but around town it is rubbish.

I've also come from owning an Impreza, i found i would get low 20's as you cant really drive an impreza economically/off boost, so they are are always drinking the fuel. Driving in a similar fashion in the teg i get on average high 20's, but its so much easier to drive the teg economically and it can return mid to high 30's on a run, i found that nearly impossible with the Impreza.

dotty

Advanced Member
I usually see 350 odd from a tank (kpro)

Best I've seen is just over 400. Not bad for a 255bhp plus high revving car!

Coomya

You are not joking mate, the Impreza isn't too bad on a run but around town it is rubbish.
The other thing you need to remember...... if you set aside tuning and engine modifications, the Integra is still approximately 300kg lighter (compared to the blobeye i had), that counts for a hell of a lot.

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Ahhh, well it's a classic wagon so approx 1235kg but still cack on fuel ;)

The other thing you need to remember...... if you set aside tuning and engine modifications, the Integra is still approximately 300kg lighter (compared to the blobeye i had), that counts for a hell of a lot.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I got 872 miles doing a round trip to Japfest and that was using 2 tanks of fuel.

Very impressed with that tbh (did include a little playing, someone getting us lost and Dyno runs)

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
WEEEEEEEE didnt but by doing what were meant to do and staying in convoy the creamies got us lost but thats another story coyote's lass rescued us (just) and I got attacked by a peacock lol

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
430 per tank is epic gordon!! Id have been well into my 3rd tank :(

lol at the creamies :xhaha: