DC5 Future Value

Cam

Advanced Member

After seeing this '97 DC2 sell for nearly $64,000 in America (albeit with only 1200 miles on the clock)... it made me wonder what the value of the DC5 will be in 9 years time?

Do we think the DC5 will ever be sought after that much it will sell for something similar? Perhaps £30k for a low-mileage great example?

Either way, it looks a good investment.

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
10 years ago i struggled to sell my twin turbo supra for 5.5k.. now i would be looking for around 20k!

The jap car market has sky rocketed, dc5s seem to have stayed stagnent at the 7-8k mark though. Im hoping they go up

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
The dc5‘s have never been quite as revered as the dc2 and have never been as special to drive either

That price is ridiculous though 😂😂

ste01

Advanced Member
I doubt they will go up in the same way all the Nissan's and Toyota's have done. There are too many Honda's available

BataLeon

Advanced Member
I see that Modern Classics magazine is banging the drum about the ep3 price going up and it being a good buy. Similarly I think you'll see a steady climb on the DC5, nothing crazy but probably £15k in a few years for a low mileage one and then £20k odd over the next 10 years.

Just a punt though based on what I'm seeing with other relatable cars,

Tim J

Advanced Member
EP3's can be had for peanuts and as DC5's aren't as common, prices reflect that.

According to the DVLA, there's approx 900 DC5's so as they get older, I expect good ones to increase in value

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Personally I think while ever there are ep3s going cheap, the value of dc5s will stagnate. Although there are so many little improvements in the integras, people wanting a K20 fix for cheap can always just pick up a rough ep3 for a fraction of the price. And because there are so many aftermarket parts available, they can be made very capable for not a lot of money.

No doubt if the ep3 hadn't existed, the dc5s would be worth a tidy sum right now.