Dc5 gearbox

imran95

Hi guys
I had my car in for gearbox and my and the housing around the main shaft is cracked. Anyone know any links for the housing
I was also looking at just getting a crunching ep3 box and using the housing on that is it interchangeable?
What's the difference between the ep3 boxes and dc5 ones cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
The EP3 box has different gear ratios and a different final drive I believe. The EP box also doesn't have an LSD like the DC5.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

kazmo

Advanced Member
is your box standard? cos if it is with 400+hp it will break for a pass time, it's been proved time and time again on here..

imran95

kazmo said:
is your box standard? cos if it is with 400+hp it will break for a pass time, it's been proved time and time again on here..
Not worries about the internals for now I am aware of that and slowly as the car get bits I'm planning on going albins.
I'm more interested at the minute of if I split the two boxes in half can I swap the hall where the main shaft is or is it not the same

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'm 90% sure you can use the EP3 gearbox housing.

Have a search on here, I'm sure it's been discussed recently.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I am with Chris on this one, if you're just using the casing you will be fine, many EP3 owners buy a DC5 or other aftermarket LSD and fit them, the casing I believe is the same pretty much as it was the lack of LSD (on non CW JDM editions) and different ratio's that was the main difference, double check but I am pretty certain you'd be ok to use tha case, install the lsd and gears you require and job done.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
yes this is ture, you can use it, i also cracked mine while reassambling and used the ep3 case with dc5 internals

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
You can 100% use an ep3 casing.. had an issue with mine checked part numbers an the casing was the same for dc5 ep3 crv etc. There seems to have been a revision at some point as there is a newer part number from what i remember