DC5 Geometry..

P1SDW

So yesterday I lowered the car on Tegiwas coilovers. The car sits nicer now. I have also added Rota Fighter 17x8 ET48 with 225/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres. New discs & pads along with braided lines and new fluid has gone in too.

I need to do the geo now as the front right wheel is toeing in a lot and the front right is tuning right so the steering is way off.

Im hearing these are a pain to setup?

Once its settles down I will adjust the ride height.

Attachments

carl hammond

Advanced Member
So yesterday I lowered the car on Tegiwas coilovers. The car sits nicer now. I have also added Rota Fighter 17x8 ET48 with 225/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres. New discs & pads along with braided lines and new fluid has gone in too.

I need to do the geo now as the front right wheel is toeing in a lot and the front right is tuning right so the steering is way off.

Im hearing these are a pain to setup?

Once its settles down I will adjust the ride height.
Hope someone will be able to help more but stock the bolts and arms (front and rear) are non adjustable, many have adjustable camber bolts on the front and then adjustable camber arms on the rear to allow further adjustment. When removing my stock setup and fitting the mugen and spoons I only had to have the tracking done and to be honest that was just to be safe as I drove home from John's to mine (about 3/4hrs) with no issues at all and it drove fine.

Did you have to change the track rod ends or anything for the coilovers (like I need to when I fit the Bilstein B16's I have)? If so then did you ensure they were back as close to as they were when they were removed?

I am no pro on this subject by any means but if a plug and play setup so to speak with no bolts and arms changed I would be surprised for a lot to be out as Tom at TGM said if I just bolt the B16's on now I wont be far out.

P1SDW

carl hammond said:
Hope someone will be able to help more but stock the bolts and arms (front and rear) are non adjustable, many have adjustable camber bolts on the front and then adjustable camber arms on the rear to allow further adjustment. When removing my stock setup and fitting the mugen and spoons I only had to have the tracking done and to be honest that was just to be safe as I drove home from John's to mine (about 3/4hrs) with no issues at all and it drove fine.

Did you have to change the track rod ends or anything for the coilovers (like I need to when I fit the Bilstein B16's I have)? If so then did you ensure they were back as close to as they were when they were removed?

I am no pro on this subject by any means but if a plug and play setup so to speak with no bolts and arms changed I would be surprised for a lot to be out as Tom at TGM said if I just bolt the B16's on now I wont be far out.
Everything bolted up ok to be honest mate. Only snag we had where the adjusters in the top mount rubbed on the circular cut out on the shell of the car, we had to move the small Allen key bolts over 1 whole each side. Other than the coilovers, the car has no further suspension mods. If it needs more to sort it, I will have to do it I guess.