DC5 Headlight Ballasts

tmeeyh

Hi guys, have small problem.
To start with only one headlight was dead, so I bought bulbs which did not solve this problem. Then I checked forum and try change ballasts around which showed one was gone. Bought another one from chap from ebay. Still the same - only one was on. Got to my local garage as could not find out what is wrong and today they called saying both ballasts + this ebay one where full of water :(

Question - where can I get them?! Can I buy those from Evo X as they look the same...

http://www.diytrade....lights_D2R.html

Thanks for help

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Yes thats the correct one. I'd be more worried how water has got it. The units themselves are sealed solid and then they seal again into the headlight housing. Seems odd both have water in them too and how is there other still working lol ??

The ballast is the same on the Mazda 3, Acura TSX and S2000 ;)

tmeeyh

thanks for that.
not sure how but in one of the headlight had water as well :/
mechanic told me that one light is working but not for long time, he will dry ballasts out but this is not long term solution - if this will work anyway.
will have to buy two...

Vtequila

Dutchy
I have a whole set (ballasts, wires and bulbs ) which im not using. You can buy them off me if you really need a full set.

tmeeyh

just thinking how to repair this.. hmmm cheaper :xtsk:
can i buy one of those things??

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=INTEGRA&year=2001%2B+DC5+INTEGRA+TYPE+R&level1=EXTERIOR+STYLING&level2=BULBS&level3=HID+XENON+CONVERSION+KITS&id_product=4961

tmeeyh

and what about ballasts from s2000?! as 2004+ models have different ballasts then older s2000...

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Its cheaper and more reliable to buy a aftermarket HID kit...PLUS they look better imo.