Dc5 help

p1tse

Advanced Member
Well done, it's always tempting to go for the easy option and the one presented to you with a part ex

Although someone has commented about that Facelift £8k white one before. Think they walked away from it for what ever reason, but worth a look just for curiosity to make your own judgement call

Db4193

Patch_teg said:
Well done, it's always tempting to go for the easy option and the one presented to you with a part ex

Although someone has commented about that Facelift £8k white one before. Think they walked away from it for what ever reason, but worth a look just for curiosity to make your own judgement call
It will give me a chance to see a facelift. Only seen pictures of them and never been sure on them.
Any idea who it was that went and had a look at it? Be good to find out why the walked away.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Think they said it was rust in the petrol filler cap or something? Have a look As its so close could be nothing, but I can't remember who it was exactly mate. Sorry.

My dad has an FN2, I do love driving it but I think maybe because its abit comfier than my Teg makes it a nice chang. not saying the Teg is uncomfortable, no way. But I still love jumping back into the Teg. Completely different car to drive. :) plus it has the exclusivity to go with the type r badge, you will enjoy it. Just take your time and if its not right, don't rush into it.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Db4193 said:
It will give me a chance to see a facelift. Only seen pictures of them and never been sure on them.
Any idea who it was that went and had a look at it? Be good to find out why the walked away.
This is the thread mate CLICKY
Choosing pre or face lift is a bit marmitish some like and some dont, i prefer the pre myself ( biased ) even the missus dont like the face lift as well LOL.

T.G.

Db4193

Topgeezer said:
This is the thread mate CLICKY
Choosing pre or face lift is a bit marmitish some like and some dont, i prefer the pre myself ( biased ) even the missus dont like the face lift as well LOL.

T.G.
Thanks for that mate. Interesting to know.

I agree with looks I prefer the preface lift but it's only a 60 mile round trip on the motorway so at least I'll get to see one in person and then know which I prefer.

Db4193

Went and seen it. Was a right state. Mould growing on the boot mat & rear mats. Was dirty inside and out. Boot leaking and rust all over the boot and also beneath the spare wheel. Rust in the petrol cap and arches and along the seam of the side panels.
Definitely one to avoid

mark2390

Advanced Member
Db4193 said:
Went and seen it. Was a right state. Mould growing on the boot mat & rear mats. Was dirty inside and out. Boot leaking and rust all over the boot and also beneath the spare wheel. Rust in the petrol cap and arches and along the seam of the side panels.
Definitely one to avoid
Keep with it, you will find a good one will just take a bit of time..i was lucky mine was low mileage and very good condition and spent most of its time in a garage with a sheet over

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Facelift FTW :) just that one was a state, you made the right choice on both mate walking away, your find one and fall in love with it, as we all do, so don't give up searching, read up somemore and play the waiting game.

I'm been away from mine for just over two weeks driving a crap hire car and all I can think about is getting back home giving it a blast.

You seen what state they can get into and what now to look for, by the time you come to buy one your be 100% clued up of what to look for, at leat you still got the fn2 to kick around :), good things come to those who wait and with an good integra example that's exactly right, have you looked into maybe importing a fresh one, torque gt would probly do you a trade in on your fn2?

Again best of luck mate.

Db4193

Alexander0628 said:
Facelift FTW :) just that one was a state, you made the right choice on both mate walking away, your find one and fall in love with it, as we all do, so don't give up searching, read up somemore and play the waiting game.
I'm been away from mine for just over two weeks driving a crap hire car and all I can think about is getting back home giving it a blast.
You seen what state they can get into and what now to look for, by the time you come to buy one your be 100% clued up of what to look for, at leat you still got the fn2 to kick around :), good things come to those who wait and with an good integra example that's exactly right, have you looked into maybe importing a fresh one, torque gt would probly do you a trade in on your fn2?
Again best of luck mate.
Have messaged BHP imports (formally 200bhpcars) about buying a fresh import.
Have followed torquegt for a good while on facebook and regularly checked their website amd all the cars look excellent but they couldnt be much further away from me if they tried lol.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Doesn't matter buddy, I picked up my teg from out side Glasgow and drove it back down to South london, best drive ever :). Grab a mate who can drive as well, find a hotel local to the location that has a bar, and you got your self an adventure with best possible ending haha.

On a serious note tho, it can be done mate, and would be worth it too, good to have the option anyway.

If I could go back I would get a fresh import and if your waiting for the right car to come up anyway, save a few more penny in the mean time. Just a thought.

mark type r

Advanced Member
I'd stick with Andy, you won't go far wrong with him.
He's up front and truthful, he won't hold any information back. Sound guy.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Yep,Andy`s a top bloke,straight and truthful.You`ll have to have a bit of patience if you get a fresh import...had to wait 13 weeks for mine...only had 1400 miles on it,was a dealer demonstrator.Definately worth the wait and you can spcify what you want...good hunting xthumbup
...Mine
[/URL]">http://

ShoryuKEN

Mate I changed from my mugen kitted fn2 to my current dc5. I thought I might regret it but I don't really. Sure I miss the epic interior of the fn2 and my gf liked it more (she thinks my dc5 is lame from the inside) but you won't care. Bar the NSX R, the DC5R has to be the sexiest Type R. It feels so much more sporty to sit in, everyone loves how it looks from the outside.......especially the haters. It's also brilliant to drive something that hardly anyone has, something you won't see about. Performance and handling is much sharper than an fn2 and it's definitely a faster car in every way. Just be prepared for a few rattles here and there, it's not all new tight like an fn2 and will certainly show it's age more.

Db4193

ShoryuKEN said:
Mate I changed from my mugen kitted fn2 to my current dc5. I thought I might regret it but I don't really. Sure I miss the epic interior of the fn2 and my gf liked it more (she thinks my dc5 is lame from the inside) but you won't care. Bar the NSX R, the DC5R has to be the sexiest Type R. It feels so much more sporty to sit in, everyone loves how it looks from the outside.......especially the haters. It's also brilliant to drive something that hardly anyone has, something you won't see about. Performance and handling is much sharper than an fn2 and it's definitely a faster car in every way. Just be prepared for a few rattles here and there, it's not all new tight like an fn2 and will certainly show it's age more.

Thanks mate good to here from someone in a similiar situation to myself. Thats a lovely civic you had and integra you have
How long did you have the civic for? Did you do any performance mods to it?
With the civic its always "another day another rattle" anyway so dont think it would be any worse in a dc5.

Agree with you on looks i dont think i have ever seen a dc5 without stopping for a good look and the seats wipe the floor with the fn2.
Never sat in a car seat that keeps you in place so much.

ShoryuKEN

Db4193 said:
Thanks mate good to here from someone in a similiar situation to myself. Thats a lovely civic you had and integra you have
How long did you have the civic for? Did you do any performance mods to it?
With the civic its always "another day another rattle" anyway so dont think it would be any worse in a dc5.

Agree with you on looks i dont think i have ever seen a dc5 without stopping for a good look and the seats wipe the floor with the fn2.
Never sat in a car seat that keeps you in place so much.
I had the civic around 1.5 years mate. I had the HKS RSK on it, de cat custom exhaust and group N map uploaded from flashpro and that's it really. Mate dc5's are a fast car to be fair, will surprise and catch people out even in a straight line (only when your ragging it of course). The diet it's on compared to the fn2, lsd box, epic gearing and improved power output all add up to make it a car to not underestimate. I pawned my mates tuned R33 skyline GTST in a straight line as well as being able to keep up with and justr about pull on another mates mx5 1.8 turbo dyno'd at 260bhp and barely 1000kg in weight. Peoples faces when they can't pull on my 5 is one of the best parts of owning it and I don't even have a big dyno figure to boast about, my car in application does the talking instead. I've dyno'd at 225bhp @ eurospec and 228bhp @ Fl performance London. Just a little heads up that bhp figures don't mean much when it comes to these integra's, they always go faster than they're figures suggest.

mark2390

Advanced Member
Ive driven a fn2 that has been moded and they have 1000's spent on it, dont get me wrong they are nice cars but you would have to spend lots of cash to just to make it feel similar to a stock dc5 . It's the steering feel that i noticed straight away on the fn its so light compared

ShoryuKEN

mark2390 said:
Ive driven a fn2 that has been moded and they have 1000's spent on it, dont get me wrong they are nice cars but you would have to spend lots of cash to just to make it feel similar to a stock dc5 . It's the steering feel that i noticed straight away on the fn its so light compared
yep it's cause instead of being hydraulic steering like the teg, it's electric on the fn2 as well as the ep3. True performance car utilises hydraulic, so much more feel and control none of that granny sheeeiit