DC5 Honda Access Engine Start Button

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I've recently bought an OEM DC5 engine start button with the OEM loom. I've been searching on here the past few days and there's a lot of conflicting info on these and the threads are a couple of years old.

The loom comes with two brown connectors which I believe plug into a connector behind the steering column cover? There's also a grey connector and a single green wire, I can get photos if needed but I'm not sure where these plug into. If anyone could dig out the Honda Access instructions (I've tried to find these) or any info from them doing it themselves would be great, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

joiner

Advanced Member
Fitted one of these buttons & looms myself not long ago, very straight forward. Disconnect the brown block from your ignition, connect your new loom into that port then connect the original brown block into your new loom. The grey connector fits into an original connector that is located up behind the speedo. Lie on your back, remove the under tray and shine a light up and you'll see it, it doesn't come down to far so don't be heavy handed. As for the green one, that connects to your button.

As for mounting your relays, I didn't get a bracket with mine with the bolt hole in it but if you look up the drivers side behind where the starter button sits, just behind the dash there's a tag welded to the frame that hold's the dash in place that you slide them onto and they click into place. The earth cable will struggle to get a fixing so I just bored the steel tube of the dash frame and earthed it onto there.

If you have any problems I could possibly what's app pics to you once I take my under cover off again from the dash. Believe me it's really straight forward and just plug & play except for the earth cable :). Might be worth checking your bulbs working in your starter button first but can be plugged in temporarily when all connected to check before pushing home.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Thank you mate that's super helpful! I've got a single green wire as well as the connector that fits into the start button? It's just a bare wire hm no doubt I'll drop you a message when I fit it mate!

joiner

Advanced Member
No problem, got a pic of my loom on my phone, doesn‘t show that green wire though, private message me your number and I‘ll send it to you to compare if you want 😀👍

SamDC5

Advanced Member
joiner said:
No problem, got a pic of my loom on my phone, doesn‘t show that green wire though, private message me your number and I‘ll send it to you to compare if you want
Sent you a PM mate.