DC5 Horn Sound

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Theyre pretty crap sounding considering the look and size of the car in my opinion.

Has anyone changed theirs and if so any advice or information on how to go about it?...

Chewy

Advanced Member
Don't take this the wrong way, but how often are you using it to actually be bothered to change it?

Granted it's not the most butch sounding horn, but it's not quiet....Gets peoples attention when needed, so fit for purpose really...Or am I missing something and you're going for a train horn worthy of a teg ;)

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Yeah youre right but if i was to ever use it. Id probably get laughed at more than anything. Lol

Chewy

Advanced Member
I could see much better ways to spend some spare cash, but each to their own mate.

Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction, All I know is the horn's mounted behind the front bumper, so if it's just a matter of you needing to swap the OEM one for a 'beefier' sounding unit or not, I'm not sure.

Could always do what I do and just Vtec away the tears...

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
I don't find the horn that weedy. Does the job.

My DC2 one on the other hand just sort of squeaked

jay82

Advanced Member
There's two horns behind the bumper.
There's one bolt holding on each and one plug.
Remember seeing a set of Piaa ones for the Tegg on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OliverV

i swapped mine for some ebay hella ones..

end result looks like this:

and with bumper:

and sound just about OK.. because i only had one, what sounded crap and shameful.

k20_irf

Advanced Member
It's just a horn lol not like your going to use if often. Who cares what it sounds like. People will be more bothered as to what your Horning at lol

OliverV

well, true, won't use it 24/7, but it better be loud enough to remind the daydreamers on these eastern european roads :D