DC5 in Australia

G'day all,

I'm a NooB of this site and I think this website is fantastic, always wanted to go somewhere to chat with other DC5 fans! I'm looking to buy one soon but while doing some research I found that the model selling here is different.

I'm situated in the land which a lot of you would call the 'down under' :) . I noticed the Integra R here in Australia is vastly different to the ones in Japan. What are the differences? The most noticable thing is the modification of the engine, giving out only 147kW of power, mainly due to the lower octane level of the fuel here in Oz compared to other places. Others things are the alloy wheels and brembo brakes.

All of which I think is very disappointing :cry: A new R costs about 50k aussie (on road) and a reasonable used costs about 40k. If you guys don't mind me asking, what is a reasonable price overseas (if I were to import).

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
2001 models are going here in the UK for around £16000 (but you would have to deduct our import taxes etc and add your own). Later models obviously increase in price.