DC5 Incurance at 22

waspy-dc5

Hi all, just been looking for insurance on a dc5 bell insurance quoted me £1300 22yo 5 ync. Is this a good price looking to buy one in the summer hopefully. Thanks

Stylesa

Advanced Member
yes.... its not bad.... i was more than that last year (at 23) but with less no claims and modifications.

Admiral/adrian flux have been my two insurers....

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
Insurance prices have been on the rise recently and a lot of company's do not insure you unless your are 25 or have previously been insured on a 'performance car'

So i would say that it is not a bad price. If i recall the excess will be quite high with Bell

I am 24 with 6 years no claims and i pay £880 with a £450 excess. Currently insured with Sky.

waspy-dc5

the excess is 350 volentry and 350 normal so quite high. well i got a civic vti atm but just got rid of a seat ibiza cupra 20v turbo. had the both at the same time but just want another weekend car really.

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Thats good, whos it with? I pressume due to your car history you have experience with performance cars and your NCB helps. I paid that at last year at 25

dc5ian

Advanced Member
just had a quote of bell -

£2691.79

lol im 28 6 years no claims, 5 points sp50, my current insurer is a plan i pay £560

waspy-dc5

I put my parents on the policy as named drivers but me as policy owner so that helped. I have 3 points on my licence sp30 but dont seem to effect it.

j88 aaf

Advanced Member
i got my DC5 at 21 and paid £860 with 4 years no claims. My renewal was last September when i was 22 and came in at £856 with another years no claims (5) and it was the cheapest i could get anywhere after shopping around for about 3 weeks. Most places wouldn't insure me, or the car, or wanted over £1000 (mostly around the £1200 mark) so it is getting worse to insure what the insurers class as "performance cars". Especially when they wouldn't accept i'd owned a "performance car" in the past as it was an EG civic with full DC2 engine, hub, brakes swap etc.

waspy-dc5

Yeh it is getting worse to get cheap insurance. i will shop around nearer the time to see if i can get a cheaper price.

DANCTR

Seems a good price, I've had quotes ready for when I buy one and best I've had is £1372 with Sky, that was with coilovers, full exhaust and manifold declared and induction kit. I'm 24, 3yrs ncb and 4points on an SP50.

Marpol

Advanced Member
Cant believe the quotes most of you are getting!

Im 25, 7yrs no claims and 3 points and currently paying £1600! thats with parents as named drivers which dropped the price a bit and owned a DC2 for 2 years prior to buying the 5 (that was costing me £700 to insure)

Took this policy out in july last year before insurance prices started going up so god knows what ill be paying come my renewal!

The north west is clearly not very insurance friendly! :(

Anatonic

Have to admit it must be peoples location that hammers the price - as I've just phoned Elephant (my current insurer) to get a quote on a DC5 with a few mods.

I'm 24, 5 years NCB and have had two years on a modded Focus ST...

My quote?

£704 including my girlfriend and personal injury cover. This is on a 12-month policy with £250 voluntary excess and £150 compulsory. My postcode is regarded as one of the lowest risk, albeit the car sits on a driveway - I'd be crippled if I was living back home in Wakefield though - the same quote comes out nearly double just because of the location!

Marpol

Advanced Member
Im currently with elephant! but paying nearly 1K more! :x
And you wonder why people dont bother with insurance! lol

Its frustrating that the area I live in is not bad at all but just the fact that its slap bang between manchester and liverpool raises the price so much!

waspy-dc5: compared to the price im paying I would say you've got a good quote there :lol: