DC5 info

Solerdus

Hi people new to this forum and will be getting a DC5 soon i currently own a Civic type R EP3 .I Love the performance but cant say the same for the looks i mean got nothing against it but i prefer the Coupe look.Thats why i been thinking about getting the DC5 heard a lot of good things about the DC5 ,simlar performance to the civic type R which is good and looks better which is the main resoned im 90% getting one.So i just like to know if there any common problems with the DC5 and what to look out for when buying a one. if any one can tell me bit more about the DC5 would be I appreciated.All i know at the moment is to look out for road tax and make sure its class as PLG.And all so can i convert the speedo km to MPH by replacing the face or does it has to be converted to MPH by some other way Thanks for the help :D

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if its a uk bought car the speedo conversion will already be done (i.e you are not importing direct from japan yourself and buying from a uk dealer etc~) , it is part of the sva requirements

No common problems at all,

drivers seat bolsters tend to look shabby quickly, they are quite narrow. but can be replaced relatively cheaply.

celox performance

Advanced Member
The only mechanical problem I can think of is that the gearbox can sometimes pop out of 2nd gear. It's happened to mine (on 33,000 miles) and I know it's happened to a few others on the forum. Other than that the DC5 is a very good and reliable car. It's a lot better than the EP3 that's for sure in almost every way :D

Solerdus

Thanks guys ,i forgot to ask can i run normal unleaded petrol or does it have to be super ?Thanks for your responce

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Solerdus said:
Thanks guys ,i forgot to ask can i run normal unleaded petrol or does it have to be super ?Thanks for your responce
To quote a decent reply from another thread...

ollie-dc5 said:
Engine will be more prone to 'knock' using 95 ron as it is mapped on 100 ron in Japan. The ECU will detect the increased knock and retard the ignition to compensate. This process will decrease power output but as far as I know will run safely. I have put in 95 ron sometimes when I haven't had a choice. But to be safe I never pushed the car too hard. As said earlier though, for a few extra quid per tank, you might as well just put in the 97ron. Not only will you get slightly more power, the likes of bp and shell have better cleaning qualities. :wink:

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Hi Bud and welcome, DC5 is an awesome car and no mistake. What year/model EP3 do you have?

Solerdus

Decklogic1 said:
Hi Bud and welcome, DC5 is an awesome car and no mistake. What year/model EP3 do you have?
Hi mate thanks for the wellcome its a 2003 satin silver AC/model

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
the amatuer comedians amongst us regularly refer to championship white as magnolia, they dont understand the racing history behind this suttle shade of white :lol: :lol:

Solerdus

LA-DC5 ITR said:
the amatuer comedians amongst us regularly refer to championship white as magnolia, they dont understand the racing history behind this suttle shade of white :lol: :lol:
oh i see :lol: There tend to be more white ITR then blue or black and silver,my last car was white and i was thinking about blue or black and not getting a white car again .but the DC5 does look good in white 8) so i wouldnt mind getting a white again.

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
:D Magnolia - That one never gets tired. :wink:

Pity its not an anniverary edition - I'd have had it off you. Nice wee car though. You'll love the DC5 once you get one.

P.S. - Championship White FTW :D

Freddie

Advanced Member
Solerdus said:
LA-DC5 ITR said:
oh i see :lol: There tend to be more white ITR then blue or black and silver,my last car was white and i was thinking about blue or black and not getting a white car again .but the DC5 does look good in white 8) so i wouldnt mind getting a white again.
See that you off white plebians....He didnt even realise there is a highly exclusive limited edition red version with throttle bodies and spoon socks as standard. :lol:

I actually had to defend my car colour choice too some local goon.

"Why did you get a red een, when the proper colour is white?"

How many red ones you seen?

"er..."

Exactly.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Freddie said:
See that you off white plebians....He didnt even realise there is a highly exclusive limited edition red version with throttle bodies and spoon socks as standard. :lol:

I actually had to defend my car colour choice too some local goon.

"Why did you get a red een, when the proper colour is white?"

How many red ones you seen?

"er..."

Exactly.
I head told me to get a red one, my heart told me to get a magnolia one... :xconfused: