DC5 Integra Type R Insurance Ireland HELP!

CL1_EuroR

Afternoon,

I recently got a DC5 and transferred over the insurance etc (Currently with Aviva), but when the documentation arrived, the Make/Model was recorded as a Honda Integra i 16v.

So I called them up, 3 phone calls later and a consultation with a manager the results were:

1. They do not have this car on their system, they only have the 1.8 DC2 Integra Type R.
  2. They flat out refuse to cover any new customers on the DC5 Type R.
  3. I am an existing customer (6 months in current policy), so they offered to cover me by:
  4. Putting the car down as the 1.8 DC2 Integra Type R and putting in an amendment to say it was the newer 2 litre Type R model that I was driving.
  5. But they would only cover me Third Party, as the car is classed as a "High Performance Car".
  6. This will cost me an extra €425.

My driving experience:
32 year old Male
10 years no claim bonus
12 years Full Licence
0 Penalty Points

So the question is what Insurance Companies will insure a Integra DC5 Type R fully comp in Ireland?

Cheers,

S

stwteg

I'm with Allianz fully comp. No issues with insuring it. I was with aviva- left as the renewal was too high. They do have the the dc5 on their system (well they did when I was with them). They'll say anything to avoid quoting. Try Allianz. I'm 30, ncb of 8yrs, licence 11yrs.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Iv'e just google'd your question and THIS came up ;) Another random one HERE. Seems tough in Ireland with car insurance for Type R's ETC.

T.G.

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
I've always been with Axa and they insured me on the dc5 no problem. I was 25 when I got the dc5 full no claims etc.
arann brokers are also very good for quoting on type r cars and the likes

CL1_EuroR

Just made a few calls:

I tried Alliance first and got a quote of fully comp bonus protection etc.

I then tried Liberty and they had my info on file when I called them, they had it from when I was last insured with them (Quinn) on my DC2 Type R and my Torneo Euro R.

They said they wont insure that car because it is a High Performance car :( = no quote!

CL1_EuroR

scrawnban said:
That's rubbish. Sure I've the opc insured with them and when I had my dc5 had it with them to
Well thats what Gerard said on the call, he was actually decent lad to talk to, knew exactly what the car was. He even asked me about the Torneo Euro R and what it was like :xdiscussion:

S

stwteg

At least you're sorted with a decent enough price from Allianz. Happy driving and let's hope you'll never need the insurance:)

CL1_EuroR

scrawnban said:
That's bad now... Typically cowboy ireland attitude
Yeah, its the usual carry on. Insurance companies dont seen to have standard quoting procedure when it comes to 'performance cars'. Make it up as you go along type effort.

I felt like I was back in my early 20's when I was dealing with these companies today.

Whats the point in building up a good driver profile if it means Jack Sh1t when it comes to certain types of cars?

stwteg said:
At least you're sorted with a decent enough price from Allianz. Happy driving and let's hope you'll never need the insurance:)
Yeah true, I will be happy when I have the documentation in my hand that says DC5 Integra Type R :)

jon-dc5

Advanced Member
Allianz are the way to go, They put it down proper as a DC5 type R and the quotes are reasonable too,
Axa aren't too bad either, The rest of them are pure pants when it comes to quoting the DC5!

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Beppe said:
speak to green light insurance
CL1_EuroR said:
Do Green Light Insurance cover cars in Southern Ireland?
Thanks for the recommendation but we cannot currently insure Southern Ireland we can only quote N.I

Hope you manage to get it sorted in the end.

CL1_EuroR

Neil@Greenlight said:
Thanks for the recommendation but we cannot currently insure Southern Ireland we can only quote N.I

Hope you manage to get it sorted in the end.
Wish you operated here... nothing but hassle so far!

S

stwteg

CL1_EuroR said:
Wish you operated here... nothing but hassle so far!
It always is to begin with but you'll soon have her sorted- the joys of owning a jap import:)Have you the letter back from previous insurer yet? Can't see why Allianz need this anyway. They should be ripping your arm off for your money!

CL1_EuroR

stwteg said:
It always is to begin with but you'll soon have her sorted- the joys of owning a jap import:)Have you the letter back from previous insurer yet? Can't see why Allianz need this anyway. They should be ripping your arm off for your money!
I got the cancellation letter via email after a lot of arguing...

Got covered by Allianz, and when I checked the documentation, it has Honda Integra I 16v again in the make and model. (yes I told them in 2 separate phone calls it was a Type R when getting the quote and when taking/paying for the policy )

I feel like banging my head off a wall at this stage! It really is unbelievable.

S

stwteg

CL1_EuroR said:
I got the cancellation letter via email after a lot of arguing...
Got covered by Allianz, and when I checked the documentation, it has Honda Integra I 16v again in the make and model. (yes I told them in 2 separate phone calls it was a Type R when getting the quote and when taking/paying for the policy )
I feel like banging my head off a wall at this stage! It really is unbelievable.
Hopefully a quick phone all will sort this out and they'll just issue the new paperwork? Once I gave them the reg of mine it came up on their systems straight away as a type R. I hate dealing with idiots. It's so time consuming.

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Did anyone ever get charged extra after informing them it was a integra type r model, And not the integra I 16v model?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Rich3248 said:
Did anyone ever get charged extra after informing them it was a integra type r model, And not the integra I 16v model?
Yes, usually they ask for about another 1k