DC5 Integra Type R Insurance Ireland HELP!

CL1_EuroR

Apologies, I forgot to update this thread. Here is an update:

I called Allianz and got through to Bernard. After the usual confirm your policy number name address etc, I told him I was calling because I had a concern with the Insurance documentation they had sent me out. ( Before I told him what was wrong with it I stated the following)

The original quote I got off of Steve a colleague of his was for a DC5 TypeR. (First phone call to Allianz) I gave date of call.
The second Call I made to Allianz (after I cancelled my insurance with Aviva) I was speaking with Dorotha and I paid for my policy again stating it was a TypeR I was paying for. I gave date of call again.

Now I told him my concern was that it stated Integra i 16v on the insurance documentation and not a Type R.

He said ok, can I ask you one question, can you confirm your registration number, which I did, he then said that this is printed on my policy which I agreed it was.

Now here is the kicker, he said you are fully insured as driving a TypeR. He said they use my reg against a National database that is shared with the government and the gardai. On this database the reg number is linked to your chassis number which in this case is a TypeR. (I knew that this is how it works, because I got the information from another guy that worked with quinn direct years ago when no one would insure my CL1 Euro R because they did not know what it was.)

He said the documentation model is just what they have on there system from the first time a DC5 Type R was brought into the country and registered as that, so they just put that on the documentation.

He confirmed again that if I have a claim in the morning I am fully covered as driving a Type R and there is nothing to worry about.

Now I am not being sexest here, but in both occasions, it took a male to explain that to me. The first instance with my Euro R was through to females before I got the guy in Quinn Direct. All other calls to Aviva I think 6 in total all female and not one of them mentioned it , because I honestly think they didnt know how the system works and were just reading off there computer screen.!

Anyway apologies for the long story, just hope it helps others in the future.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
That's great that you got a result like that after all the hardship it caused you.

Despite the conformation that it is indeed insured as a Type R I would still want something in writing off them as proof. Even an email stating the car is insured as a Type R, just for piece of mind, you can never ever trust an insurance company.

S

stwteg

Personally I wouldn't believe one word they say. It's all happy phone calls until there's an accident and they declare your policy void. Mine is insured as an 04 type r dc5 with Allianz and it says so on the paper work. Male or female doesn't appear to have made any difference as you still don't have what you want- in writing that you are insured on a type R-keep ringing and demand it in writing.

CL1_EuroR

Yeah I will request an update to the documents, but I doubt there will be an issue as all 3 operators disclosed the calls were recorded and were legally binding as they do not enter into a written contract like some insurance companies who require a signature etc.

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Im with Allianz. Paid €1400 for fully comp and windscreen cover in July. (3 yrs NCB, 22yrs old, 2 points, Full Licence)
The documents came in as Honda Integra I 16v model, left it go till now to ring up.

Got onto Laura at Allianz and asked her about my car make/model etc and she said its under a 'Integra I 16v model'
Then I asked if they go by the reg plates and she confirmed they went off the plates. My teg is registered as it should be 'DC5 Type R'
So I asked her to run my Reg plate again and she said it came up as 'Integra DC5 Type R'
I then proceeded to tell her that's what it should be and that's what I told them first day. I told them its a jap import, integra DC5 type r etc...
I then requested an email stating that im properly covered.

Just received the email: "We are pleased to confirm that the Model of the car insured on the above policy is a HONDA INTEGRA DC5, registration number 02MOXXXX"

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
Just thought I'd add to this...
Got my renewal for the fd2 from Axa and they wanted €1460!! Bearing in mind the dc5 last year was €800. Rang up a guy I know in Axa and he went to his manager and could only get it down to €1100. I ended up ringing Arann insurance brokers in Dublin after being recommended them. They got me fully comp with all the extras for €860. I would definitely give them a call if insuring a type r or similar car in Ireland. They even had fd2 type r on their system which was a first for all the companies I rang up.

S

stwteg

€1460- Christ! Daylight robbery- glad you got sorted for a much more reasonable price. I'm with Allianz and have found them good but next year is a new year! I'll keep Arann in mind

Sent from iphone