dc5 j's racing titinium exhaust

sydney

Advanced Member
hey. just bought a dc5 with a j's racing titinium exhaust, looks like a toda, kinda quiet exhaust, is this a good exhaust system, dont know much about it :?
also came with a mugen ecu, can this be piggy backed or remapped with like a dastek ecu?
:-k

donkeykong

Advanced Member
j's racing is good stuff of course and very expensive, who needs a loud car.
if u dont like it u can always sell it here or give it to me :)

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
I so so so want that exhaust is it the 70RR? cheapest I can get it for is 1K and seems a bit pointless as I'm making great power from my current setup ;)

Just love J's Products!

:xvtec:

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
From what i've heard the mugen ecu's are self learning and don't need remaping for breathing mods, a friends friend had one in his DC5 and it felt better that the k-pro. Not sure if ya can get them mapped for urther mods like cams though

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Have a search on here and you will find plenty of info on the Mugen ECU....and no it cant be remapped

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if its quiet its not the 70rr

properly mapped kpro will outperform a mugen ecu anyday, the mugen will run very rich to cover a range of mods.

sydney

Advanced Member
got it dyno'd the day 228hp and 207whp and 160 lft.

was told have a dc sports replica manifold and to change it and it dosent have a mugen ecu :-k yet its quicker than a 246hp jdm ep3 and the boy just added a gruppe m?

im happy lol

LeeH

Advanced Member
sydney said:

was told have a dc sports replica manifold and to change it and it dosent have a mugen ecu :-k yet its quicker than a 246hp jdm ep3 and the boy just added a gruppe m?

im happy lol
I didn't understand a word of that.

sydney

Advanced Member
sorry, keyboard skills wouldnt be the best!

the exhaust is a long cylinder back box with blue bent tip like a toda, not sure if this is the 70 rr?

dc5ian

Advanced Member
i doubt you would have the j's racing 70 rr on your car, i would say its a toda, or the 60 rr.. if you had the 70 rr on the car you would no about it, ive had it on my car for a year now, gives good gains but is so bloody loud, i wouldnt be able to have this exhaurst if my car was a daily driver...

get some pics up anyway

dc5ian

Advanced Member
sydney said:

im happy lol
you sure thos figers are correct, 207 whp is alot more then 228 @ the fly

sydney

Advanced Member
it must be the 60rr cause it has the j's racing stamp on the backbox. sorry for making it complicated guys lol

yea il take a pic of the dyno sheet and see if my mate will upload it.
this is what the sheet says

DYNO RUN

maximum power wheels @ 207.4bhp @ 8,508rpm
maximum power engine @ 228.0bhp @ 8,725rpm
maximum torque@ 159.8 lbft@ 5,998rpm

torque graph has a big dip cause of the aemv2 but have a gruppe m sorted thanks to a member of the site