dc5 k20a2 turbo help??

lilbenji

Im completely new to the forum scene but im hoping some one on here can help me.....

I recently bought a dc5 turbo which has only just been rebuilt before christmas and needs a bit of tlc to get it how i would like it.. Im wanting to bed it in for a good amount of miles before i go for a remap but im worried its running lean at the moment.. What PSI should i set my fuel pressure regulator at as im aiming to reach about 300-350 bhp? its idleing at about 48 PSI at the moment? Help please :)

dave c

400hp K20
What ECU is on the car? If its KPRO you can plug in a laptop and monitor everything from there to see how she's running.

eXceed

Resident Driver
Just read this and was thinking to myself, bedding in? Do you still need to that with cars these days? As far as I know that means don't thrash the hell out of it before it warms up.

After an engine rebuild/build should you wait before driving the car properly?

EDIT - with regards to the original post, defo get a remap. No messing about with turbo setups...

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yeh remap asap, one minute of lean or det and its bye bye engine. and im with exceed, these dont require much bedding in, as long as the rings are seated and its been run for a few hundred miles, its ready for a remap .

lilbenji

it was yes.. ive has to change a few things though.. ive changed all the breathing system from that awful braided stuff to silicone and getting the clutch changed to an act clutch.. I wanted to drive it for a couple hundred miles before it gets put on a rolling road but have spoke to a few people and with it being k-pro i can just get it done without it having to be thrashed haha.. cheers guys will upload the progress soon :)