dc5 manifold same as civic type r?

DC5-RS

hello ,

as many are aware i have some mugen parts for sale soon but the main problems is that the stuff are on my car and i dont have any replacmenet parts so im trying to shop around for parts that will fit on my dc5 to free up the mugen parts.

first off all ive been reading up and i read that the civics type r manifold header is same as the dc5 is there any truth about this?

i know that the exhaust backboxs are not but wondering if the header is the same as the civics type r if so i can buy a civic type r manifold cheaply and take out the mugen header which i can then sell off

anyone who can confirm if they the same would be much appreciated

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I beleive the std manifold and cat (2 into 1) on the civic are NOT the same as on a dc5.

If you speak to tom from tgm i am sure he has std manifolds there.

DC5-RS

C&S Evo7 said:
I beleive the std manifold and cat (2 into 1) on the civic are NOT the same as on a dc5.

If you speak to tom from tgm i am sure he has std manifolds there.
ok cheers c & s guess that read up was wrong at least didnt go out and spent money on somethign that doesnt fit pity really thought i had a solution to all my troubles to free up my mugen parts :(

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Call tom at TGM Sport tomorrow he will be able to tell you for definate, and if he has a dc5 one lying around.

Evs

Advanced Member
Nope the DC5 one is a proper 4-2 with a 2-1 cat section. IIRC the CTR top part is like a 4-1 and the cat section is a single large round pipe with a divider down the middle of it - not very pretty! :lol:

The parts are not interchangeable. You might be able to fit both CTR parts to a DC5 but this would be a downgrade in performance terms as the design is not as good.

martin200

Advanced Member
EP3 Manifold is different to DC5.

4 branch into 1 is fitted on the EP3 CTR.

Inlet manifolds are pretty much identical from what I could tell when building my engine.

DC5-RS

are you certain on this guys? because on the spoon sites they have the manifold code of ordering civic type r is the exact same as the dc5 an vice versa there other sites who do have the same manifold ordering code same as the dc5.

this could be a error but some other brand names for civic type r and dc5 are coded the same also :|

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
DC5-RS said:
are you certain on this guys? because on the spoon sites they have the manifold code of ordering civic type r is the exact same as the dc5 an vice versa there other sites who do have the same manifold ordering code same as the dc5.

this could be a error but some other brand names for civic type r and dc5 are coded the same also :|
i believe the Spoon 4-2 fits both the EP3 and DC5 but the 2-1 section is different

As for OEM the CTR has a 4-1 manifold which wont fit the dc5. I think anyway :lol:

DC5-RS

jimmy_atr said:
DC5-RS said:

i believe the Spoon 4-2 fits both the EP3 and DC5 but the 2-1 section is different

As for OEM the CTR has a 4-1 manifold which wont fit the dc5. I think anyway :lol:

argghhh this is doing my nut in!!!

Evs

Advanced Member
The inlet manifolds are different - IIRC the UKDM CTR has a 'PRB' one, the DC5 and JDM CTR have PRCs which flow a bit better, apparently.

As to the exhaust manifolds, the fitment ie engine block to the collector at the front of the exhaust are the same between DC5 and CTR so the aftermarket part listings will be the same ie Spoon, Toda. The Spoon 4-2 will fit a JDM CTR but not a UKDM one unless you change the cat section as well, because the cat pipe is different on the CTR.

So, your options are:

Stock DC5 4-2 and 2-1 cat section
Stock CTR 4-1 and 1-1 cat section (this is a downgrde on a DC5 though)
Spoon 4-2 and stock DC5 2-1 cat section
Stock DC5 4-2 and Spoon 2-1 decat pipe
Spoon 4-2 and Spoon 2-1 decat pipe
Other aftermarket 4-2-1 or 4-1 manifold eg Toda, Mugen, DC Sports, Jackson etc which replaces the entire manifold and cat. This would be the same fitment for a CTR because there's no issue of compatibility between the top part of the manifold and the cat section, as they replace both parts.

Does that make it any clearer?